A freelance writer living in Perth, WA. My blog is coming soon. Watch this space!
Published January 2nd 2014
So much to do in Mandurah
No matter what kind of get-away you are looking for, whether it's a day trip or a restful holiday, Mandurah has so much to offer. Just an hours drive, south of Perth, Mandurah is a great holiday fun spot and it's right on Perth's doorstep.
5. Events. There are many exciting events held in Mandurah throughout the year. There are many annual festivals including the Mandurah Crab Fest, the Mandurah Boat Show and Fun on the Foreshore, plus there are weekly events such as the Mandjar Markets or the Boardwalk Farmers Markets
6. Lake Clifton. Take a trip to Lake Clifton and discover the Thrombolite formations. These are amazing living fossils that have sheltered in the shallow water for millennia.
7. Serpantine Falls. Visit Serpantine Falls, situated within the Serpantine National Park. Have a refreshing dip in the calm waters, walk one of the bush trails or enjoy a picnic or barbecue.
8. Dining. There are also plenty of gourmet dining options available in and around Mandurah. Explore the areas many restaurants, cafes, pubs, bars and vineyards, and enjoy a casual family meal, an alfresco brunch, a pub lunch or a five-star dinner.
9. Golf. If you like a game of golf, tee off at one of the world-class courses in the Mandurah region. Play a round at the Meadow Springs Golf & Country Club, Mandurah Country Club, Pinjarra Golf Club, Serpentine & Districts Golf Club or The Cut Golf Course.
10. Water Park. Visit the Mandurah waterpark, Just 4 Fun Aqua Park, and discover a range of fun water activities for the whole family. Great fun for kids of all ages at this water playground, situated on the Western foreshore.
11. Stay. Why not consider staying in Mandurah for a day or two, and really explore this beautiful region? How about a romantic interlude in a riverside chalet, a luxury high-rise suite with stunning views, a secluded forest retreat or a leisurely cruise on a houseboat?
These are just some of the fantastic things to do when you visit the Mandurah Region and there are many, many more. For details about tours, accommodation and other things to do and see, visit the City of Mandurah website or the Visit Mandurah website.