Tina is a travel and parenting writer, self-proclaimed comedian and food worshipper from Melbourne. Take a look at her hilarious and inspiring blog at www.hangrybynature.com
Published August 2nd 2017
Escape the city life and sojourn in the neighbourhoods.
1. Visit the Australian Museum Established in 1827, discover the nation's fascinating Indigenous and convict history, piled amongst eye-opening anthropological collections, animals, minerals and fossils.
2. Take a Photographic Stroll through Woods Lane Charming and secluded, this historic laneway is tucked away on the outskirts of the Sydney CBD, posing the perfect photographic opportunity for anyone who admires European architecture.
Although most of the townhouses are private residential abodes, there is a neat little two-storey apartment that is available for rent on a short or long-term basis. Situated in the heart of Woods Lane, you can experience living in this historic laneway during your stay in Sydney.
3. Peruse the Art Galleries There's a vast number of incredible art galleries in Darlinghurst - from the abstract paintings of Ingrid Johnstone at the Conny Dietzschold Gallery to the Oxford Art Factory's stunning displays of street art, there's something for every admirer of the creative arts on the streets of Darlinghurst.
4. Brunch at Hip Cafés You won't be short on choice when it comes to places to eat in Darlinghurst. A trip to Sydney will not be complete without a hearty brunch and cup of coffee in this artsy suburb.
5. Take a Stroll Down Oxford Street World famous for its Mardis Gras Parade, Oxford Street in Sydney is the place to be if you're out to experience the vast and vibrant nightlife that the city has to offer.
Hailed as one of the of the city's most famous shopping strips, Oxford Street houses world famous retailers as well as independent brands and boutiques.
6. Indulge in an Ice Cream at Gelato Messina
For a post-dinner treat, or if you simply need to please your sweet tooth, head over to Gelato Messina, voted the Best Gelato in Australia by Good Food Guide.
The hardest decision you'll have to make all day is picking a flavour from their incredibly diverse range, made from fresh and authentic ingredients on a daily basis.
Who needs a side of vanilla ice cream with their apple pie when you can get apple pie flavoured ice cream?