If I have to name one of my favorite movies, it would have to be "The Ultimate Gift" starring Drew Fuller (as Jason Stevens), James Garner (as Red Stevens) and Abigail Breslin (as Emily Rose). It is an inspiring story about a series of challenges presented to a young man (Jason) by his dead tycoon grandfather to discover the ultimate gift. The discovery journey has led Jason to a path that will change him forever on his perspective of life and money.
I thoroughly enjoyed this inspirational movie. In fact, I've watched it twice and shed some tears at both times. Each gift received by Jason sends a very powerful message which I believe we can all relate to in our lives. The performance of Abigail Breslin is incredible! She's sweet yet funny! Overall, the movie is very entertaining, touching and meaningful. It is definitely recommended for all audience and I think it's great for a family movie night!
Here's a summary of the gifts (and life lessons I could relate to) along with snippets of conversation from the movie: 1. The Gift of Work (Learn to work for his money) "If you do any work like you just did, you can do anything"
2. The Gift of Friends ((learn the meaning of true friends and loyalty) "I plan in knowing Jason for the rest of my life"
3. The Gift of Money (Learn about the value of money) "I don't have a credit limit, just run it through again!"
4. The Gift of Family (learn about the importance of family and loved ones) "She's the best decision I've ever made"
5. The Gift of Learning (learn to have the desire to improve oneself) "Do you truly know how to learn?"
6. The Gift of Problems (learn to embrace challenges and overcome problems in life) "You don't begin to live until you've lost everything"
7. The Gift of Laughter (Learn to see the joys in life) "salute!"
8. The Gift of Giving (learn to be generous) "Here's your $1600 in back rent, pay it!"
9. The Gift of Gratitude (learn to be thankful) "someone came by and paid my back rent, was it you?....thank you!"
10. The Gift of a Day (learn to appreciate each new day) "My dream?....my dream was a perfect day….I"m just finishing it"
11. The Gift of Love (learn to love whole-heartedly) "I love you, son!"
12. The Gift of Dreams (learn to have dreams and make it come true) "You need to come up with a dream and act on it"