I'm based in Singapore with interests in classical music, art & culture related talks, art fairs, ceramics, walking tour, food, travel, photography, pet dogs, fashion, sustainability and urban farming. Contact me at email@example.com
The first Asian preview of the extravaganza is happening now
Who has never heard of the critically acclaimed Games of Thrones series? If you are a big fan, you should make your way to ION Station level B4 between the 2nd and 7th April 2016.
Game of Thrones is a fantasy drama created by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss. It is based on an adaption of the first volume of A Song of Ice and Fire - a series of epic fantasy novels by the American novelist George R.R. Martin. It takes place on the fictional Westeros and Essos.
The series revolves around three main themes; interweaving wars among several prominent families over the control of Westeros; the threats from the supernatural entities beyond Westeros' northern border; and the ambitious Daenerys Targaryen, the deposed king's exiled daughter, who wants to assume the Iron Throne. To name a few central characters, they are Jon Snow, Daenerys Targaryen, Arya Stark, and Ned Stark.
The Game of Thrones Experience: Worlds of Westeros - photo courtesy of HBO Asia
HBO Asia will present Game of Thrones: Ascend the Wall a virtual reality experience for the very first time in Asia. It is a 4D immersive entertainment experience powered by Oculus Rift which will place you on a journey to the top of the 700-foot ice wall where you'll find yourself in a virtual version of the Castle Black winch elevator, with everything looking, sounding and feeling extremely real.
HBO will air Game of Thrones Season 6 on 24 April 2016 in USA and on 25 April 2016 in Singapore.
The first Asian preview of the extravaganza is happening right now in Singapore! Be transported back to medieval times to a Game of Thrones set. Meet fellow fans and discuss your favorite epic series. Perhaps you may want to engage in an in-depth discussion predicting the sixth instalment.
Six reasons why you should attend this spectacular event:
1. The Game of Thrones: Ascend the Wall virtual reality experience. Be Jon Snow for the day as you ascend the wall!
2. Claim the iconic Iron Throne and sit on it while having your photo taken by your friends or family members!
3. Pose a selfie while wielding Longclaw - Jon Snow's sword. You will be treated to a display of the weapons from the series! Here are the list of swords: Oathkeeper (given to Brienne of Tarth by Jaime Lannister), Arya Stark's Needle, Ned Stark's Ice, the White Walker sword, Oberyn Martell's sword, and Jon Snow's Longclaw.
4. You could have an opportunity to have your photos taken with Drogon, Daenerys Targaryen's dragon. Worry not as the dragon could never bite you!
5. You get to see original storyboards and concept art illustrated by Will Simpson.
#6. Meet and greet the 17-year old English actor Isaac Hempstead Wright who acted as Bran Stark in the show. He will be there only on 2 April at 3pm.
Games of Thrones - Photo courtesy of HBO and Wikipedia
Bonus point: if you are a Starhub subscriber, you will be entitled to go through priority queue by showing your latest digital or paper bill, Starhub network icon on your mobile phone, or log into Hub-ID via My Stahub App or Starhub Go App.
Exclusive to Starhub subscribers only! If you redeem 1000 Starhub Rewards points, you will be invited to a preview on 1 April 2016 between 8pm to 9pm.
Get yourself a Game of Thrones collectible - Medieval Sword Set worth $138 upon singing up with to HomeHub. Check out Starhub online or find the nearest store here.
It is free entry for all! Be prepared to form a long queue to the exhibition. Do not miss this once in a lifetime opportunity!
Join us at the Game of Thrones Experience: Worlds of Westeros.