Jacq of all Trades, Master of Writing
Published November 28th 2012
How to succeed in the music industry
The Complete Artist Program
Calling all singers, song writers and musicians. Life as an artist can be a hard slog. It's one thing to have an abundance of creative talent but marketing yourself and making a living from your craft is the most important factor to sustaining your dream long term.
Lisa J. Aston has accumulated 30 years experience in the entertainment industry both as a performer, professional songwriter, producer, manager, publicist and industry administrator. Some of her roles involved promotions, publicity and tour management for the following international acts who toured Australia: Stevie Nicks, Fleetwood Mac,The Police, Sting, George Thorogood, Hall and Oates, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Tom Petty. Lisa was also the administrator for the INXS Fan Club, and worked as a third party copyrighter for Sony Music Australia.
With her vast experience and knowledge of the music industry, Lisa has created The Complete Artist Program to assist emerging artists in moving forward with their careers by educating them in how the music industry operates, how to avoid the pitfalls, how to market yourself globally and insights into recording and publishing deals.
The Complete Artist Program is divided into three sections plus a core section covering essential music industry business skills. The three sections will cover:
This is all about live performance, including stagecraft such as microphone techniques and professional performance techniques. Other points covered are:
Understanding and developing your singing voice Expanding your vocal range Learning how to sing effortlessly Performing with confidence
Mind: The power of your mind will either hinder you or propel you forward. Lisa will work with you to develop the following:
Build your self-esteem, confidence and stage presence
• Develop your communication skills with your audience / fans
• Creatively develop your artistic skills through workshops
• Unblock any creative blocks you may have as a performer and/or songwriter.
Lisa will teach you the importance of spiritual connection to mind and body that will greatly assist you to overcome the roller coaster experience of working as an artist.
• Create your successful outcome through meditation/visualisation as you are taken on a transformational journey
• Experience the calming and cleansing results of a full Reiki treatment – hands off cleansing of built up negative energy blocks
• Understand the powerful success process of: Thought – Feeling – Effort – Result
Let's Talk Business:
The most important part to sew the package together is being able to learn the business side to music, after all, you want to make money from your incredible talent and be able to sustain your career for the long term.
• Learn how the music business works
• Know the best recording techniques
• Market your CD and image globally
• Learn about recording and publishing deals and what they really mean to your career.
The program is available as a complete package, or you can pay as you go in sessions. You will receive a certificate of completion once you have completed the full program. For more information, visit the website, or contact Lisa on 0411 094 197.