First things first. I realise that the word 'color' is not the usual way that we spell it in Australia, but then this is an event organised by a company that was founded in the USA in 2011. The Color Movement is an event to promote healthiness, happiness and individuality by bringing communities together, to participate in the 'happiest 5k on the planet'!
This is going to be such an awesome event! No running involved here - just up my alley! Instead, you will be dancing in colour clouds, jumping around in confetti tornados, blasting your loved ones (or anybody else for that matter) with water balloons and frolicking in clouds of dreamy foam to the best music ever. With no five kilometre course involved, The Color Movement, The Color Run's first ever sister event, is instead a brand new, all ages, colour festival series, where colour, music and happiness rule!
1. Healthiness - While all events are about having fun, The Color Run wants to help and encourage anybody who participates to lead a healthier lifestyle, both physically and mentally. With more than half of all Color Runners being first-time 5km runners, Color Run feels it is making a serious impact on the nation's fight for health and wellness. These events are designed to provide participants with an opportunity to kick-start an active lifestyle.
2. Individuality - Because we live in a world of diversity, which in itself is amazing, Color Run believes that whoever you are, whatever your story is to tell, everybody is fierce, strong and magical and the events are produced to celebrate your individuality, to celebrate YOU.
3. Giving Back - Color Run is a for-profit management company, which partners with charities and has to date donated more than $1.5 million to various charities, which includes more than fifty charities within Australia since 2012.
If you're interested in nominating a specific charity for one of the upcoming events, please email the organisers at email@example.com
The Color Run and The Color Movement have been brought to Australia by Aratis Events, a Sydney-based premium events company, who do everything in the name of happiness, spreading the love and spreading the joy.
This sensational, colourful, unicorn magical sort of day is open to all ages, no matter what fitness level or fitness style. it's a day to be happy, to be colourful and to have fun.
Tickets for this rainbow day of fun are already available:-
Early Bird Tickets 23 August to 4 September Adults $35 plus $3.50 booking fee = $38.50 (16 plus years) Kids 5 years and under - FREE All Early Bird Tickets are SOLD OUT! Next Tier Pricing now available!
Tickets 5 September to 25 September
Adults $40 plus $4.00 booking fee = $44.00 Kids 5 years and under - FREE
Join us (yep, I'm definitely doing this one) on a 5km fun run and let's get smothered from head to toe in coloured powder, while dancing our way through dreamy foam clouds and hopefully getting some perfect photo opportunities too. We can walk, skip, run or dance the course, whatever tickles your fancy.
Great photo opportunities - Image: The Color Run FB page
1. Wear white at the starting line; and
2. Finish totally covered in colour!
The fun doesn't stop at the finish line - the epic Finish Festival will give Color Runners the opportunity to burn off a few extra calories by showing off their dance moves. Music, dancing and the infamous color throws will make this the best post-5km party on the planet.
This year experience the Dream World Tour - giant unicorns, a dreamy start tunnel, a whimsical Dream Wall, new photo opportunities and everything in between. Prepare yourself as your dreams are about to get a whole lot more colourful. Experience the magic and colour of a unicorn.
All the magic and colour of a Unicorn - Image: Pixabay CC0 Creative Commons