Cold, hungry and need something filling to stop your rumbling stomach? Try the BCM (Bacon, Cheese and Mushroom) Hot Potato. This recipe has been created for two people but you can make as much as you like. For example, if you want to serve four people, just double the recipe.
cup grated cheese 2 x medium sized potatoes (washed) 2 tablespoons Sour Cream 1 teaspoon Butter
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC. 2. Dice bacon rashers. Peel and dice mushrooms.
3. Turn fry pan on medium heat and add 1 teaspoon of butter.
4. Add bacon and mushrooms to heated frypan. Cook until slightly brown.
5. Pierce each potato with a knife and cut a small hollow out from the middle of the potatoes making enough room to add your filling. If you need to hollow more potato out just use a teaspoon.
6. Fill potatoes with cooked bacon and mushroom.
7. Put grated cheese on top of each potato. Wrap potatoes (and potato tops) in alfoil leaving the top slightly exposed so the cheese can melt over it.
8. Place potatoes on oven tray and cook for 45 minutes or until potato is soft. You can prick potato with a skewer to check if it's soft enough.
9. When cooked, place potatoes on a plate and remove alfoil.
10. Add 1 tablespoon of sour cream on top of each.
11. Ready, set, eat.
Variations: The BCM Hot Potato is also good as a side dish. I added a serving of leftover bolognese mince with mine. You can also try adding different ingredients to the filling, for example, shallots or onion. Just make sure your filling is not too big to fit into the potatoes (this has been known to happen on occasion).