If you're too lazy to turn plugs off at the wall, let alone use cloth nappies and commute by bike, then fear not… procrastinators and slackers can also help save the planet with these carbon footprint-cutting tips.
1. Wash the dishes some other time.
2. Never quite get around to booking that overseas trip you've dreamed about.
3. Don't vacuum until the carpet is audibly crunchy underfoot.
4. Lie down somewhere close to home, preferably on a beach or in a hammock.
5. Change sheets the instant they start to smell and not a moment earlier.
6. Wear the same outfit you did yesterday.
7. Work from home, so you can stay in your pyjamas the entire day, every day.
8. Let the lawn get a little shaggy - it'll use less water and save energy.
9. Re-read your old books - it takes less concentration… and saves trees.
10. Eat leftovers instead of cooking. To save even more energy, eat them straight from the fridge.
Another tip is to follow the old army maxim... Never run when you can walk, never walk when you can stand, never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down, never lie down when you can sleep...
Victoria I'm guilty of doing a few of these things myself (and many of our readers are too) and you've made me feel completely virtuous. Another tip I'd like to add that is popular with teenage boys in particular is - don't flush the toilet - but only if it's yellow, make it mellow.