Have a passion for exploring places and language. Photography and writing allow me to share so please like, comment and share email@example.com☺
Published July 11th 2016
Explore and exercise when you venture out together
1. Take a hike through a National Park or climb a local mountain – be sure to pack some water, snacks, a hat and block out. Outdoor exercise is a healthy distraction and a great opportunity to bond as you blow the cobwebs away. Take a picnic or BBQ lunch or hire a boat for a row and splash.
2. Go surfing, fishing, boating or try any water sport. There are so many good beaches down our coastline and many places have hire of various water sports vessels. Or just fish from the shore – a relaxing time out for all.
3. Visit your local skate park to ride your skate-boards, scooters or BMX. A cap and protective gear is advisable although many deem it uncool it does protect your brain. Have enough change to buy some fish and chips and drinks from the local store to make it a full day out.
4. Arrange a BBQ at a favourite park – visit the supermarket together to make sure you purchase everyone's choices of meat, egg, tomato, bread, onion, drinks, etc. And don't forget a ball to kick around plus plates and utensils.
5. Tenpin bowling - you can go for a social game anytime you like even if the weather is bad. Most have game machines and a basic café on the premises. If you enjoy it you might book in for their regular comps or weekend disco nights.
6. Indulge your railway passion by taking a train trip or visit a museum to view their old engine and other machines. Pick a fun destination where you can get off for lunch and a walk. Or a sporting venue to watch a match.
8. Swim a few laps in the heated pools before your BBQ. At our aquatic center you can take along your ball and bats for a few baskets or table tennis matches.
9. Hire a Stand Up Board to paddle down the river as you explore new beaches or parks. Or hire a surf kite to fly above the waves … try a new challenge to stretch your skills and balance.
10. Or my favourite a ferry across to Manly for the day where you can surf, visit the markets, have a feed and a drink in a relaxed holiday atmosphere before catching that ferry and train home again.
Please note a day out means connecting with each other so please make sensible clothing and supply choices. And be sure your device is fully charged and turned OFF, only to be turned on for emergencies or on arrival home.