The Floral Clock at Taronga Zoo figures among one of three traditional mechanical floral clocks in the world. It has been donated
by the late Sir Arthur Rickard, KBE, of Sydney.
The clock was officially started on 19th December 1928, still running accurately and is wound once a day.
It cuckoos once at the quarter-hour, twice at the half-hour, three times at three quarters of an hour, and the full number of hours at each hour.