On December 7 2018, Nintendo released Super Smash Bros Ultimate on the Nintendo Switch. Super Smash Bros Ultimate is the sixth game in their wildly successful Super Smash Bros video game franchise. Smash Bros is a fighting game where Nintendo characters and non-Nintendo characters fight to push each other off a stage. Super Smash Bros Ultimate features over 70 different playable characters from a number of different video game franchises. Nintendo has promised to add more fighters to the game's roster in the future as part of DLC. There's been a lot of talk online about which characters should be added to the game. Here are 5 characters that I think should be added to Super Smash Bros Ultimate as DLC:
Dixie Kong from the Donkey Kong Series
1. Character Name: Dixie Kong Series: Donkey Kong Platform: Super Nintendo, Game Boy, Nintendo 64, Nintendo GameCube, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, Wii, Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch Image Link Why They Should Be Included:
Dixie Kong is a character from Nintendo's Donkey Kong franchise. She first appeared in the 1995 Super Nintendo game Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest as a sidekick. She was the first playable female character to appear in the Donkey Kong games. Dixie has a long blonde ponytail and wears a pink top and hat and earrings. She is light and fast and has the ability to rotate her ponytail like a helicopter allowing her to jump further and control how fast she descends to the ground. I believe Dixie would make a great addition to Smash Bros. Her flying ability is unique and she is a cheerful character who is quite popular with fans.
2. Character Name: Darunia Series: The Legend of Zelda Platform: Nintendo 64, Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch Image Link Why They Should Be Included: Darunia is a Goron from the Legend of Zelda series. The Gorons are a race of humanoid, intelligent rock-like creatures that have been featured repeatedly in the Legend of Zelda games ever since their introduction in Ocarina of Time. The Gorons have bulky, rock-shaped bodies and possess a lot of physical strength and are at least twice as tall as the average sized human. They are a peaceful people who live in the mountainside and eat a diet of rocks. The Gorons have the ability to roll into balls and roll down the side of a mountain at fast speeds just like a speeding boulder. Darunia is a prominent Goron figure. He was a major character in Ocarina of Time. He was the Boss of the Gorons and later revealed to be the Sage of Fire. Darunia would make an excellent addition to Smash Bros because he is a large strong figure who could crush others with his strength and his ability to roll into a ball would be an excellent way to smash people off the edge of an arena to score a point.
Magikoopa from the Super Mario series
3. Character Name: Magikoopa Series: Super Mario series Platform: Super Nintendo, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Wii U Image Link Why They Should Be Included: Magikoopa is a character that was introduced in the Super Mario games in the 1990 Super Nintendo game Super Mario World. Magikoopas are bespectacled Koopas that wear wizard robes and fly around on broomsticks and cast spells with a magic wand. Magikoopa would make a fun addition to Smash Bros because of their spellcasting and flying abilities. They could make the floor disappear beneath your feet or summon a monster or just blast you with a magic spell. They would be quite the difficult opponent and a lot of fun to beat.
4. Character Name: Princess Ruto Series: The Legend of Zelda series Platform: Nintendo 64, Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch Image Link Why They Should Be Included: Princess Ruto is a Zora character from the Legend of Zelda series. The Zora are a blue-skinned humanoid aquatic race of beings that exist in the Legend of Zelda games. They were introduced alongside the Gorons in Ocarina of Time and have appeared in numerous other Zelda titles since then. Ruto is the Princess of the Zora and the Sage of Water in Ocarina of Time. Ruto is a strong-willed and confident character who can summon water to attack enemies. She appeared as a playable character in Hyrule Warriors where she commanded the Hyrulean Forces in battle. Ruto would be great in Smash Bros because she's a bit more diverse compared to the other Princess characters. She doesn't wear a big puffy princess dress, she is competent in battle, her water powers are impressive and she's got spunk.
5. Character Name: Impa Series: The Legend of Zelda Platform: Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo 64, Game Boy Colour, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch Image Link Why They Should Be Included: Impa is a character from the Legend of Zelda series. She first appeared in the Legend of Zelda as Princess Zelda's nursemaid and has been a reoccurring character in a number of other Zelda titles ever since. Impa always serves as either Zelda's nursemaid or as her bodyguard. Impa has appeared as a wise old woman in some games and in other games, she is depicted as a young, muscled warrior woman who is an expert with a sword. Impa was a playable character in Hyrule Warriors and the Commanding Officer of the Hyrule Imperial Guard. She had an over-sized sword as her weapon and fought alongside Zelda and Link in battle. Impa is the perfect kind of character to appear in Smash Bros. She is an excellent fighter and is also I think one of Nintendo's more interesting and diverse female characters. If she were ever to join the Smash Bros line up I think she would end up being popular with fans.
Do you agree with my picks? Which characters would you like to be added to Smash Bros. Ultimate as DLC?