Melbourne event enthusiast and moderately priced food eatery reviewer that expects Top Notch service and the use of fresh ingredients at all eateries.
Learn to create mindful designer spaces
Environment Psychologists are amassing evidence that contact with nature are good for feelings of wellbeing and our health. Research suggests benefits with contact from nature can restore people's abilities to pay attention, improve mood, lower stress levels and speed recovery from illness . Modern lifestyles and homes in the city disconnect us form nature and people may not get the benefits as they aren't using opportunities to get outdoors. So what else can you do to promote a healthy lifestyle apart from getting outdoors?
As part of the Sustainable Living Festival, you can attend a wonderful course on creating a space that will be good for your mind, body and soul.
The EcoStyle Your Home - Creating Mindful Space is run by Inner Sanctuary Design, and will be facilitated by Architect and Lifestyle Designer Samantha Levy.
Samantha's passion goes beyond traditional architectural and design concepts as she works to identify the clients' goals and utilises the environment to create spaces which bring support these goals.
In the Ecostyle Your Home Workshop, attendees will learn to design spaces that are health-conscious and environmentally-responsive.
Developed for people that wish to redesign their home into an uplifting space, the workshop will provide the tools to holistically examine the space offer practical solutions.
The workshop is based on the idea that many attributes in the home can impact on physical and psychological outcomes such as productivity, stress reduction, contentment and serenity. Being able to identify and examine attributes such as the quality of light and colour, the sense of enclosure, connection to nature and sensory variety can offer significant positive impacts when design techniques are implemented.
1. Mindfulness, including the use of meditation techniques in the design process and recognising and identifying qualities of space that enhance health and wellbeing. Keeping a lifestyle & nature journal: becoming aware of how one feels in different environments and recognising one's personal relationship with health and nature
2. Case studies of eco-styled homes and Design Principles:
Improve health, emotional wellbeing & psychology through interior design;
Transform bedroom into a toxin & electro-magnetic free sleep sanctuary;
- Use passive design techniques to improve energy and water efficiency;
- Utilise colour therapy to nourish & revitalise spaces Increase productivity and reduce stress in workplace ;
- Design with nature to rebalance circadian rhythms ;
- Introduce healthy natural materials & products;
- Improve indoor air quality.
3. Opportunity to implement the design principles into the design of your home with one-on-one consultation time and room-by-room guidelines.
The cost of the workshop is $100 including materials, for more information and to book click here.