A stay at home Mum who doesn't stay at home much; too many exciting things to be discovering in this city...
Theatre for Tots, Tweens and Teens and anyone inbetween
Think theatre is only for grown-ups? Think again. There are all kinds of dramatics out there for the tots, the tweens and the teenagers. Below are five opportunities for your mini theatre lover to catch a show in Melbourne this month.
• Chitty Chitty Bang Bang – I can't wait until my youngest is old enough for the big shows. This spectacular musical, based on the classic novel and film, is showing at Her Majesty's Theatre until March 17th. Go to Ticketek for information on performance times and prices.
• Play School Concerts – One for the little ones, from March 3rd until March 27th. Songs, games and storytime with two of the Play School presenters will keep your toddler entertained during Humpty's Showtime. At $16.50 per person, it's also reasonably priced. Go to Kids Promotion for venues and times.
Capture your kids' attention with an age appropriate performance
• Mr Snot Bottom's Stinky, Silly Show – Now what school aged child would not love this? Mr Snot Bottom is part of the Melbourne Comedy Festival and presents this 50 minute show packed with yucky toilet humour and revolting stories. Showing between March 29th and April 14th, go to Mr Snot Bottom for more info.
• OVO – Cirque du Soleil presents this family friendly spectacle in Melbourne until the end of March in a big-top at Docklands. OVO is a show based on the tiny insect world and is packed full of energy and colour. Times and prices vary so go to Cirque du Soleil for detailed info.
• Olaf, Professor of Philosophy – Also part of the Melbourne Comedy Festival, this 45 minute show follows Professor Olaf Stevenson as he travels the world with a magical chest of drawers. This performance is suitable for all ages and is showing at the Arts Centre. Go to Arts Centre Melbourne to book.