Subscribe      List an Event or Business      Invite a Writer      Write for WN      Writers      Other Locations
Home > Melbourne > Comments > Should Melbourne Terminate MYKI & Return To Old Ticketing System?
Your Reply
Optional Image: (jpg or gif)
Your Email:

Security Image:
wzywmj
Security Text:
copy text from image above
Highlighted
minimum score: order: subscribe:
I agree that MYKI is an inconvenient system. I rarely use public transport and don't always know when I will be using it in advance. If it is a tram I need to catch after the nearby shops have closed, there is nowhere to top my credit if I need it. There needs to be an option for visitors to Melbourne. In Korea, I have been told, that visitors can purchase a card from a vending machine (for a much cheaper price) and return it to a machine, obtaining a refund for the card and the unused credit, when they leave.

There are some people at work who have forgotten their MYKI on occasion and so have been forced to purchase another one. A friend who had more than one ticket for this reason, had parents visiting from New Zealand, who could have easily made it to their destination on public transport on their own. Instead, they waited for my friend to finish work, take public transport from Burwood to Spencer Street to meet them, hand over the spare MYKI cards and travel back to her place.
by leesa (score: 0|9) 3555 days ago
by kim_d (score: 0), 3555 days ago
Totally agree with leesa. My partner was forced to purchase another card one day to work as he couldnt find his. In laws from NZ were here but couldnt access or go to their destination cause they were not good on the system and had to wait for us to take them.
by max (score: 1), 3555 days ago
YES AGREE TOTALLY , AT WORST TRY THE PERTH SYSTEM SO SIMPLE AND IT WORKS WELL