Retired Chef, travel enthusiast and a lover of all things musical and entertaining. I hope to bring you a unique view of what Adelaide has to offer.
Published April 13th 2023
FREE events and ticketed events
Looking for some awesome things to do with the kids, this school holidays, April 2023? There are many types of activities all around Adelaide designed to occupy and inspire your children. From building and creating, to parties and petting zoos, here is a selection of FREE and ticketed events for you to consider taking your children to:
Please click on the title of each activity, it will take you to the page with comprehensive details of each event. Happy exploring!
1. DinoFest Adelaide - Age of the Tyrannosaur. Come and view the life-size exhibition of dinosaurs from 66 million years ago. Marvel at the life-size walking Triceratops, Tyrannosaurus and Carnotaurus, plus lots of cute baby dinosaurs. This event will run in the Adelaide Botanic Gardens from the 7th to the 30th of April. Tickets can be purchased HERE.
From the 7th of April to the 30th of April 2023
2. Sensory-Friendly Evening, South Australian Museum This evening will see the SAM open its doors after hours to accommodate people living with Autism, sensory processing needs and accessibility needs. The evening will run on Wednesday the 19th of April, 2023, from 5pm to 7pm. Tickets can be booked HERE.
Wednesday the 19th of April, 2023, from 5pm to 7pm.
3. Fairy Party, The Christies Beach Hotel. The Christies Beach Hotel is welcoming children aged between 3 and 12 years for a Fairy Party with lunch included. The day will have many activities including glitter face painting. It will run on Friday the 28th of April, 2023 from 11 am onwards.
Friday the 28th of April, 2023 from 11 am onwards.
4. Petting Zoo, The Gully Public House & Garden. Children are welcome to come and experience the petting zoo on Friday the 28th of April, 2023. From 11am to 1pm. This is a great opportunity for children to get up and personal with some cute farm animals. Entry is FREE and no booking is necessary, it's a good opportunity to grab some lunch while you are there. For more information, visit their Facebook page.
28th of April, 2023. From 11am to 1pm
5. 5 Days of Clay, Hallett Cove Shopping Centre.
Bring your children down to the Hallett Cove Shopping Centre in the first week of the holidays for a pottery masterclass with different themes each day. This FREE activity will run from 10am to 12pm, Monday the 17th of April, to Friday the 21st of April, 2023, and no booking is necessary.
10am to 12pm, Monday the 17th of April, to Friday the 21st of April, 2023.
6. Family Fun Day - Animal Farm, St Frances Winery, Old Reynella.
Bring the whole family for this Animal Farm Day which includes a rotisserie lamb or pork lunch. The day will host a petting zoo with Rainbow Animal Farm from 1pm to 4pm and lunch from 12pm onwards. The tickets can be purchased HERE and it will run on Sunday 30th of April, 1pm to 4pm
Sunday 30th of April, 2023
7. Brick Masters, The Gully Public House & Garden.
Book in for lunch and a Lego build masters session, creating some masterpieces with Duplo, 2D Mosaic, 3D Colour and Technic Lego. The ticket price includes a children's meal and a drink. Great value for a day out. It will run on Tuesday the 18th of April, 2023, from 11am to 12pm. Suited for children aged between 3 and 13. Book your ticket HERE.
Tuesday the 18th of April, 2023, from 11am to 12pm
We hope you have a great April school holidays, have some fun with your kids!