Are your children sick of the same old bowling, movies and park trips you do every school holidays? Well then I have some holiday ideas that I have tried with my siblings and cousins and they work a treat.
1) Go skating. Go to a skating rink or just buy a pair of skates and go skating with the kids. It's a new experience and even if you aren't good at it, you'll get better over time. You can even make it a once a week thing you do all together as a family.
Fun rating: 8/10 Brothers comment: "Skating rules, I am a pro at it"
2) Teach them how to cook Kids love learning how to cook, so why not get in the kitchen these school holidays and make pancakes for breakfast, chicken schnitzel fingers for lunch and strawberry cupcakes for dessert? Look up some recipes online for kids, get the ingredients, put on some aprons and get cooking up a storm
3) Visit a museum Believe it or not, museums can be interesting for children, if you look in the right sections. Kids will love to find out about the human body, dinosaurs, plants, animals and anything else the museum has to offer. Its a big place with lots to see and is very different. It's worth taking them down there these school holidays.
4) Teach them a new skill Got a hidden talent nobody knows about? Hand your secret down to the kids and teach them something new. Whether it be playing the guitar, piano, a secret recipe dish, juggling or what have you, the kids are sure to get a kick out of this one.
5) Go on a roadtrip Travel out on the road for half a day, stop and grab some lunch at a little cafe and cruise along looking at the sites, get out ad stretch your legs at a cool park along the way. Its something different and doesn't really cost a lot of money. Stock up on fuel before you head out.