I'm a young mum living on the Mid North Coast of NSW. I'm the author of Rise and Shine: 101 Days of Inspiration for New Mothers. Visit my blog at www.ModernDayMamas.com.
Published June 7th 2020
One of our most frequented local spots is the grassy area in front of the Sawtell Surf Club. It's one of the best picnic spots in town. Here's why:
1. The views. The view of Sawtell Beach is one of the most beautiful around! Depending on the time of year, you're almost guaranteed to see surfers, dolphins or whales.
2. Lots of green grass. The hill is always nice to sit on even if you forget a blanket. Children can play and roll down the hill and even babies are safe to crawl around without fear of green ants. After the rain, the grass always dries super quickly because of the sand underneath.
3. The viewing platform provides fantastic photo opportunities.
4. Coffee and delicious food is available through The Kiosk.
5. There are public toilets, showers and taps.
6. There is plenty of parking out the front.
7. The area is accessible by a ramp, meaning easy access for prams and wheelchairs.
8. There's always someone friendly to chat to.
9. It's a great people-watching spot! Check out the crazy swimmers in winter, or the spectacular surfers, or just the interesting mix of people who love to visit the region.
10. This spot is well protected from strong northerly, southerly and westerly winds, making it always first choice when you've got little ones with you.