2. The fastest runners always wear fluorescent colours. It might be time to invest in some flouro.
3. If Ron Clarke catches you running with an iPod, you had better watch out.
4. No matter how much you enjoy Jim Courier's 'all about me' style of tennis commentary, don't jump in the Yarra after a hard session.
5. If a 12 year old runs past you, don't worry. Some youngsters are really quick. Age will catch up with them in 40 years.
6. Don't look anyone in the eye. All the other runners are crazy.
7. If you are half way up Anderson St and don't think you can make the top, turn around and jog back down as if you are doing repetitions. This avoids embarrassment, while also making it look as though you are sticking to an elaborate training program.
8. If you are a football player in pre-season - wear something which identifies you as a football player, so everyone else knows that you play football and may know Chris Judd.
9. If you are a male, and feel compelled to take your shirt off - Don't. You will look like a tool.
10. If you run a fast time, tell everyone about it.