For those partial to vodka and with a predilection for chewy raspberry confections, here is the ultimate party drink to brighten up the weekend:
700ml bottle of vodka (would suggest 'quality' vodka, but that would probably be a waste)
1 packet of Redskin lollies
1. Neck the bottle. Just kidding - pour a few inches into another receptacle, it may be needed.
2. Unwrap the Redskins and shove them into the bottle - don't eat too many as the vodka can take the whole lot.
3. Top up the bottle and swish it around (now you can have the left overs).
4. Leave it in the cupboard for at least a day, until all the red goo dissolves.
5. You'll notice an pink foam unbecoming of vodka has formed - this needs to be strained off through a fine sieve (may need repeat attempts).
6. Pour filtered vodka back into the bottle and voila!
Redskin vodka can be consumed au naturel (so to speak) but is particularly refreshing mixed with lemonade. When mixed, large bubbles may appear on the surface if the vodka wasn't sufficiently filtered. Don't worry - they add to the fun.
The whole lot can also be mixed with a couple of bottles of lemonade and frozen to make a slushy summer cocktail.
I can't say I've ever been organised enough to make this a long time in advance, nor has it ever lasted longer than one night once the drink starts flowing - however, since it's pretty much sugar and straight vodka, I imagine it would last quite some time. I don't think you can really get it wrong! Good luck :)