Subscribe      List an Event or Business      Invite a Writer      Write for WN      Writers      Other Locations
Home > Melbourne > Comments > 2014 Red Hill Show
Your Reply
Optional Image: (jpg or gif)
Your Email:

Security Image:
qctswz
Security Text:
copy text from image above
Highlighted
minimum score: order: subscribe:
Hi Lorraine,

Thanks for the lovely comments re our Show. We are exceptionally proud of it and it is completely run by volunteers who give up so much of their time, especially around this time of year, to make it the event it is. Just an FYI re the horses - as much as we loved having the horse events on Show Day, the horses were removed from the actual Show Day (Saturday) for two reasons - the first one was due to restrictions placed on all groups who use the ovals on the grounds. Sadly, having the horses on the ovals digs up the surface. This oval is in use for the football season and it make the oval dangerous for the players. The second reason we moved the Show Jumping portion to Boneo Park was due to how large and successful the event has become. Our Show Jumping event is one looked forward to by competitors, including the top jumpers in the country. As you mentioned, it is a two day event and events happen non stop for both days, over two jumping arenas, that are professional standard, therefore much safer for the horses and riders, as well as more "spectator friendly", than we could have ever offered on the Show Grounds. The move has been well excepted by all those involved. In fact the show jump portion of our event has not been on show day for approximately 10 years now :-)

We hope you enjoy this years Show in two weeks time.
by treas (score: 0|4) 3385 days ago
by Lorraine A (score: 3), 3385 days ago
The Red Hill Show is a family favourite of ours and I think you and all of the volunteers do an outstanding job year in year out to keep it running so smoothly and to keep thousands of people entertained on the day. I do miss the horse events at the showgrounds,probably more so because I used to compete in the showing events and loved the atmosphere, though I do need to move with the times and accept that they are no longer at the showgrounds:-) Boneo Park is a fantastic location and provides a safe environment for horses and owners and is a great spectator spot. Best of luck of with this years show and I hope it's the best year ever.

Kind regards,
Lorraine