Usually when kids play games they get loud and rowdy and it gets all a bit too much sometimes. Here are some really quiet games you can play with the kids.
1) Charades – if you don't have the actual board game you can make up some cards with things such "reading a book" "dancing" or "horse back riding". A child picks up a card and then has to act it out without saying a word or making noise. Everyone has to guess what it they are doing.
2) Play Cards – games such as Go Fish, Snap or 21 are good games to play with children. Card games are usually quiet and are great to play on a rainy day.
3) Read stories together – snuggle on the couch or beanbag and read a few nice stories together.
4) Mother May I – a fun game to play with children of all ages. The kids line up and you have your back turned facing the wall. Then each child asks "Mother may I have a giant step?" then you as the mother says, "Yes, you may" or you can say "No, but you may have one 3 baby steps". There are different types of steps the children cake take such as jumping, spinning, side step, fairy steps, tippy toe steps, or you can make up your own. The first person to touch mother on the back wins and then they become mother. You can look up on Youtube a tutorial video if my explanation didn't make any sense.
5) Drawing pictures – art projects are usually quiet activities for kids to do. Set the children up with some paper and coloured markers, perhaps a "How To Draw Book" as well and let them draw pictures. It's a nice quiet activity to do while you're cooking dinner and need the kids to keep quiet for a while.
6) Backyard play – Send the kids outside to play some time outside. At least you'll have some peace and quiet and they can run around as exercise.
Quiet games are great for kids to play as it gets them to wind down and especially good for you if you need some peace and quiet. Teach children that when they play they have to use indoor voices and have to be mindful of others.