Preparing and Cooking: Put a little bit of oil in a frying pan on the stove top. Turn the hotplate on a low heat. Add the beef (or lamb) strips. Open the souvlaki seasoning packet that came with the wrap kit. Bit by bit, sprinkle its contents over the meat strips, stirring/turning the meat as you go so that by the end the meat is entirely coated.
• Stir the meat occasionally throughout meal preparation until is it cooked.
• Peel, wash and dice the brown onion. Add it to the pan with the meat strips and stir the mix.
• Wash the tomatoes and lettuce.
• Dice tomatoes or slice the tomatoes (whatever you prefer) and put them aside until the meat is ready.
• Shred the lettuce and put it aside until the meat is ready.
• Mix the garlic paste that came with the wrap kit into 200g of Greek yoghurt (I just estimate with this). The less yoghurt the stronger the garlic taste.
• Open the wrap packet. Put it in the microwave, on high, for approximately 30 seconds. This will warm the wraps and enable them to separate without breaking.
• When the meat is cooked you're ready to make the wraps.
Making and Serving:
Add a layer of garlic yoghurt to your wrap; add lettuce, tomato and then some meat and onion. Drizzle some more yoghurt over the top if you like and if you have chosen to go with grated cheese or tabouli, or both, add them too. Fold the sides of the wrap into the centre and you're done. Greek Souvlaki Wraps, quick and easy.