Owns 'FoodLit'. Highly qualified, established food & lifestyle writer, former restaurateur, founder professional writing business, Articul8. Long, diverse writing history, passion for food culture, the land & inspired food language.www.foodlit.com.au
One of the biggest (and, in my opinion, best) annual music festivals in Victoria has just released its early bird tickets. If I
2) The Early Bird ticket saves you $25 (which you might like to spend at the fab market stalls that line Hesse Street).
3) The Early Bird ticket is excellent value at $155 (including booking fee) for three days of incredible music and entertainment from Friday evening through to Sunday.
4) It also includes access to the official QMF After Party on Sunday 27th Nov. Woo Hoo. Put your dancing shoes on!
5) You're guaranteed not to miss out on tickets, as some very disappointed people did on Friday night and Sunday last year when tickets sold out.
6) You also receive priority entry on the Friday night, so no lining up in long queues. Produce your pass and you're in the door. Let's get the party started!
7) Queenscliff is stunning. The cafes, bookstores, food stores, award-winning hot pies, stunning historical buildings, fashion and home decorator stores are a feast for the senses - even without all the music, so imagine what it's like with a quality line-up of very talented performers singing and playing in spectacular venues from one end of town to the other. Find out a bit more about beautiful Queenscliff and surrounds here.
8) This much-loved event draws fabulous artists from a broad range of genres. In previous years, I've been honoured to see Xavier Rudd, Marcia Hines, Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu, John Williamson, Ash Grunwald, the
Ray Beadle Band, Jimi Hocking, and the Original Wailers, which is Bob Marley's son's band. While I've enjoyed many known performers, I also got to expand my music repertoire with a bunch of fabulous artists - who will soon be big names too.
9) Booking early might also help you get your accommodation act together early too. Queenscliff and surrounds fill up at festival time, with some places booking up a year in advance. Be quick. Here's a handy link to accommodation.
10) For the fabulous QMF Express, which chugs along picturesque Swan Bay
and rocks along with live music in each of its four carriages. It's too much fun!
I know I said 10, but there are more good reasons to get Queenscliff Music Festival early bird tickets:
11) It's good for the soul to have something fab to look forward to.