Owns 'FoodLit'. Highly qualified, established food & lifestyle writer, former restaurateur, founder professional writing business, Articul8. Long, diverse writing history, passion for food culture, the land & inspired food language.www.foodlit.com.au
The excitement's building as the 15th annual Queenscliff Music Festival edges closer. Thousands will flock to the picturesque (and very
happening) town of Queenscliff from Friday 25th to Sunday 27th of November for a musical celebration of joyous and melodic proportions.
This festival draws young, old and everyone in-between. The people are friendly and the vibe ranges from quietly awe-inspiring and soul-stirring to groovin' and downright rocking. There is something for everyone.
Queenscliff's historic and charismatic churches, cafes and hotels make fabulous venues for catching some of the greatest local, Australian and international acts to converge in any one Australian location.
Here are 10 more reasons why you shouldn't miss QMF:
1) The 15th QMF is set to be bigger than ever.
2) You deserve a treat and Christmas break is simply too far away.
3) Queenscliff, on the beautiful Bellarine Peninsula, is stunning. The cafes, bookstores, food stores, award-winning hot pies, stunning historical buildings, fashion and home decorator stores are a feast for the senses - even without all the music.
4) This much-loved event attracts artists from a broad range of genres, so you not only get to hum, sing, tap, dance, tap-dance maybe (or even yodel should you feel so inclined) to your favourite styles of music, you'll see and hear a bunch more. A world of discovery awaits.
5) This year's line-up includes The Triffids & Friends, Eskimo Joe, Gypsy & The Cat, Vince Jones, Christine Anu, Pseudo Echo, Richard Clapton, very cool jazzster Sarah McKenzie, international troubadour Carus Thompson, and Latin funk fusion maestros, A French Butler Called Smith.
6) The sixth reason you should go is because there are heaps more fabulous artists who will inspire and entertain you across the weekend.
7) You need to experience a music-filled journey on the QMF Express, which chugs along picturesque Swan Bay and rocks with live music in each of its four carriages. It's too much fun!
8) Your dancing shoes will get an even better workout at the QMF After Party on the Sunday. Woo Hoo.
9) It's good for the soul to have something fab to look forward to.