There's something about pumpkin, beetroot and feta that just works. The warmth of the pumpkin, the tang of the beetroot, and the crumbly texture of the feta, it all works. When you go to restaurants you'll notice that these three ingredients are often put together in a variety of dishes. I also love adding them on home-made pizzas.
This is a favourite recipe of mine that I try to make every few weeks. It's always a crowd pleaser at parties, and makes a great side dish when having a barbeque on a hot summers night.
Ingredients: Can of diced or whole beetroot Danish feta Rocket Baby spinach Pecans (optional)
Roasted pumpkin Balsamic dressing
Method: 1. Pre-heat over to 180 degrees.
2. Cut pumpkin however you prefer (I like to keep it chunky) and lay out on a baking tray. Coat in olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in oven and let it cook for around 30 minutes, turning it every 10 minutes. Depending on your oven it may take longer to cook, or it will be cooked quicker. Just remember to keep an eye on it.
3. When the pumpkin is cooked, leave it out to slightly cool before adding it to the salad.
4. Mix the baby spinach and rocket together. Add pumpkin and then toss in the beetroot and feta.
5. Dress with as little or as much balsamic dressing as desired, and season with salt and pepper.
6. Sprinkle pecans on top for decoration. Serve, and enjoy your meal.