Subscribe      List an Event or Business      Invite a Writer      Write for WN      Writers      Other Locations      HubGarden      Recipes

ProjectEd: Crowdfunding for Education

Home > Everywhere > Charity | Unusual Things to do
by Jeni Wilson (subscribe)
Teacher educator and author of many teacher reference books. Amused by random ideas and loves random acts of kindness. Enjoys writing humour...seriously!Please see my Instagram: wilsonjeni
Published October 15th 2013
Beyond sausage sizzle fundraising
ProjectEd was launched in September 2013. It is a not-for-profit organisation helping Australian schools and education centres raise funds for much needed resources or education programs.

ProjectEd provides an on-line platform, accessible to all levels of education, which is able to reach a wide audience for raising funds to assist student learning.

Schools have complete autonomy over the projects for which they seek support and they're encouraged to link the projects to their inquiry based learning units. Instead of stopping at the creation of a model or the design of a theoretic enclosure, the students develop an advertising campaign themselves and can watch their funding grow on-line. In the process, they are developing life long skills and the confidence that they can make a difference.

Some current examples of education projects on the ProjectEd website include:

Floatation devises needed

Aquatic Floatation Equipment for Glenroy Specialist School. Imagine if you were unable to move everyday. Now imagine how wonderful it would be if you were placed into a devise that allowed you freedom and the ability to move independently. This is what it is like when the Glenroy students are fitted with the floatation devises taken swimming.

The Stawell Academy is seeking support to design and create a skate park.

The Royal Children's Hospital Education Institute is seeking financial assistance to create a short film festival, 'RCH Jumbunna'. Students who are admitted to the RCH take an active role in the creation and management of the festival.

Visitors to the ProjectEd website can simply pledge money to their favourite cause. The site then displays the length of the fundraising period for each project and how much of the fundraising target has been achieved.

To access view the current projects on the ProjectEd website, click here.
Help us improve  Click here if you liked this article  22
Share: email  facebook  twitter
Why? To support good educational causes
When: Anytime
Phone: 0431 276086
Cost: By donation
Your Comment
Good on you. What school is it? Could u approach project Ed?
by Jeni Wilson (score: 3|1811) 1610 days ago
I absolutely agree that crowdfunding is an easy way for ordinary people to become philanthropists by supporting schools & other child related organisations. We're currently running a crowdfunding fundraiser for my daughter's public school, and in less than 2 weeks we've already reached 75% of our goal to raise $5000 for school computers! Of course that still leaves us with 25% to go. Please support it by sharing the link and consider pledging even $2 Thanks!
by lucit (score: 0|2) 1610 days ago
More Everywhere articles
Articles from other cities
Popular Articles