I'm based in Singapore with interests in classical music, art & culture related talks, art fairs, ceramics, walking tour, food, travel, photography, pet dogs, fashion, sustainability and urban farming. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Update August 18th 2017
In conjunction with the 10th edition of Singapore Night Festival, visitors could visit Piece of Peace exhibition with a special ticket of only $10 per person. To enjoy this, please buy your ticket after 7pm online or offline at the ticketing booth valid for the same date admission.
PIECE OF PEACE World Tour arrived on Singapore's shores for the first time. Singapore is the first ASEAN country to host this exhibition which will be held from 27 July to 10 September 2017 at Fort Canning Arts Centre. This UNESCO World Heritage Art Exhibition originated from Japan and has attracted over 2.9 million participants around the world so far.
PIECE OF PEACE Executive Committee presents the exhibition along with organizer Axseed Events and official partner LEGO® Singapore. The Singapore edition is part of the LEGO® Build Amazing campaign - a year-long commitment to inspire kids to think creatively and unleash their future potential for success. Interactive by nature, the project allows visitors to add their own pieces of work to create something entirely new.
Highlights include LOVE EARTH, LOVE ASIA; and LOVE ASEAN, which features LEGO® replicas of UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
LOVE EARTH, LOVE ASIA displays 34 installations of reconstructed World Heritage Sites from 25 countries. These delicate installations offer visitors a chance to admire the aesthetic of the heritage sites from a brand-new perspective. All these are built from LEGO® bricks with exquisite craftsmanship. Visitors can take a closer look at Spain's Basilica of Sagrada Família, Greece's Acropolis of Athens, China's Great Wall, Japan's Itsukushima Shinto Shrine, India's Taj Mahal, and many more.
LOVE EARTH showcases 24 replicas of World Heritage sites recreated with LEGO® Bricks.
Palace of Westminster, London, United Kingdom Acropolis, Athens, Greece Mont-Saint-Michel and its Bay, Brittany, France Paris, Banks of the Seine, Paris, France
Piazza del Duomo, Pisa, Italy Colosseum, Holy See, Italy Roskilde Cathedral, Roskilde, Denmark
Town Hall and Roland on the Marketplace, Bremen, Germany
- Basilica of Sagrada Família, Barcelona, Spain
- St. Basil's Cathedral, Moscow, Russia
- Buda Castle, Budapest, Hungary
- St. Stephen's Cathedral, Vienna, Austria
- Mill Network at Kinderdijk-Elshout, Alblasserwaard, Netherlands
- Sultan Ahmed Mosque, Istanbul, Turkey
- Nubian Monuments from Abu Simbel to Philae, Lake Nasser, Egypt
- Memphis and its Necropolis - the Pyramid, Giza, Egypt
- Statue of Liberty, New York City, United States of America
- Historic Town of Guanajuato, Guanajuato, Mexico
- Coro and its Port, Falcon, Venezuela
- Moai, Napa Nui, Chile
- Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu, Peru
- Cathedral of Brasília, Brasília, Brazil
- Sydney Opera House, Sydney, Australia
LOVE ASIA exhibits 10 replicas of World Heritage sites from Asia recreated with LEGO® Bricks.
- Taj Mahal, Agra, India
- Hwaseong Fortress, Suwon, South Korea
- The Great Wall, Beijing, China
- Sichuan Giant Panda Sanctuaries, Sichuan, China
- Swayambhunath Stupa, Kathmandu Valley, Nepal
- Itsukushima Shinto Shrine, Hiroshima, Japan
- Kinkaku-ji, Kyoto, Japan
- Himeji-jo, Hyogo, Japan
- Shuri-jo, Okinawa, Japan
- Fujisan, Shizuoka, Japan
LOVE ASEAN highlights 9 replicas of World Heritage Sites found in ASEAN countries. Seven new replicas of ASEAN heritage sites are built to commemorate ASEAN's 50th Anniversary.
- Angkor, Siem Reap, Cambodia - *Angkor was recreated in 2003, and Complex of Hué Monuments in 2012 as part of the exhibition
- Complex of Hué Monuments, Thua Thien – Hue, Viet Nam
- Borobudur Temple Compounds, Central Java, Indonesia
- Town of Luang Prabang, Luang Prabang, Lao
- Kinabalu Park (Representing by Slipper Orchid), Sabah, Malaysia
- Pyu Ancient Cities, Myanmar
- Historic City of Vigan, Ilocos Sur, Philippines
- Singapore Botanic Gardens, Singapore
- Historic Town of Sukhothai and Associated Historic Towns, Sukhothai and Kamphaeng Phet, Thailand
Brick by Brick SG
Visitors can unleash their creativity and build their own LEGO® creations. The most creative models will be kept and used to build a Singapore-inspired topographical map on daily basis.
LEGO Kids Play Zone – Themed Cities of Wonders
Children can let their imagination run freely in the play zone.
Segregated into two parts, the play zone is modelled on some of the most popular LEGO CITY and FRIENDS sets.
Participants can reserve Nyonya Kueh, the final piece of the set of five LEGO® Singapore Limited Edition Food Culture Mini-Builds, when they spend a minimum of S$40 on tickets and S$80 on LEGO® products in a single receipt. The special item is made to celebrate local food culture consists of five exclusive mini-builds, including LEGO® replicas of Singapore's beloved food cart, national dishes chilli crab, nyonya kuehs and traditional kaya toast breakfast set, as well as Singapore's truly unique hawker centre 'chope' practice. Collect all five and get a free exclusive Singapore Food Culture base to display the city's favourite eats! Click here for more information.
The Singapore leg of the PIECE OF PEACE World Tour will only be held once, don't miss the ONLY chance to experience the exhibition right here at home before it continues its tour around the world!