Subscribe      List an Event or Business      Invite a Writer      Write for WN      Writers      Other Locations
Home > Adelaide > Comments > Pichi Richi Explorer
Your Reply
Optional Image: (jpg or gif)
Your Email:

Security Image:
mogycc
Security Text:
copy text from image above
Highlighted
minimum score: order: subscribe:
What a great shot of steam locomotive 22 Steve.I took my children on this trip many years ago and we thoroughly enjoyed it.For those heading up that way for the trip, they could call into Alligator Gorge and whilst in Quorn or nearby,visit Warren Gorge.If they do not wish to stay in Quorn..then Pt. Augusta..not too far away would be ideal.Steam locomotives are fascinating machines...steam will not let you down...they are gaining popularity again all over the world.What a pity we cannot travel from Adelaide to Mt.Barker anymore, on a locomotive like this.
by noelp (score: 3|1201) 2267 days ago
by r.eng (score: 3), 2158 days ago
Can you still catch one at Mt. Barker and go down to Victor Harbor or one of the other towns down that way?
by Maggie (score: 1), 2266 days ago
Love the old steam trains...many happy memories going on holiday in my childhood in Scotland. I can still imagine the smell and excitement and it was the only form of travel I never got travel sickness! Quorn and Flinders hold great memories too when we first immigrated here in 1982 to Whyalla. Went away most weekends sightseeing.