Just a girl spreading the word about all the fun (and probably nerdy) things to do!
Published March 23rd 2013
Having fun and snapshotting memories
Need something to do for birthday parties, but you don't know what? Why not have a photo scavenger hunt? This is more for older kids or teens, especially if you want to trust them with your expensive camera or let them run wild without supervision (unless an adult is willing to accompany them).
This can be a lot of fun and can be modified in order to fit specific areas and locations such as finding monuments or buildings, as well as team challenges.
Another bonus is that you automatically get lots of pictures of your fun times after your event. No need to worry about someone constantly snapping shots as you'll be the ones recording your exciting adventures!
Here are some ideas for photo scavenger hunts!
1. If you have teams based on colours e.g. "red team, blue team" have each team member find an item of the same colour as their team and take a photo (i.e. everyone on the red team holding something red)
2. Find a seat and get someone to take a photo of you having a group nap. 3. Photograph someone pretending to be a store mannequin (in store or shop window, preferably wearing the same clothes as a nearby mannequin).
4. Picture of everyone (who can) doing a handstand. 5. Find a children's ride and take a photo in it. 6. Get a stranger's autograph and take a photo with them as if they were a movie star.
7. Stand under a clock with the time being 1:24pm.
8. Find a doppelgänger and take a photo with.
9. Take a photo of the team fighting, then take a photo of you being friends.
10. Someone getting a piggyback.
11. Entire team doing the YMCA.
12. Find a sign saying "For Sale" and stand under it.
13. Entire team in a pet store, with as many people as possible holding an animal.
14. Pretend dramatic photo earthquake (clutching to something, falling over, be creative).
15. Get someone to take a group photo of you all jumping in the air like the Toyota ad.
16. Have someone pose as if searching for something next to an information booth/desk/lost and found.
17. Two team members pretending to be chickens.
18.All teammates holding something that rhyme (e.g. hat, mat, cat, bat found in a $2 store, and no, you can't use imaginary names).
19. Someone mimicking a person in an ad on display.
20. Get everyone to make a superhero pose and have someone take a photo.
21. Shot 1: One person chasing another in the food court Shot 2: Same person attempting to eat the other in the food court.
22. Find someone with a name tag the same as a member of your team.
23. Use your socks or store socks in a sock puppet war.
24. Kung-fu battle photo.