I'm based in Singapore with interests in classical music, art & culture related talks, art fairs, ceramics, walking tour, food, travel, photography, pet dogs, fashion, sustainability and urban farming. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Published May 23rd 2016
The Festival at Pulau Ubin is back
Pesta Ubin Logo. Photo by Ria Tan
Pesta Ubin 2016 is the annual festival held in Pulau Ubin organised by Ria Tan and many volunteers. Come and discover the island's kampong lifestyle with these top festival events:
1. Discover Ubin with Strix Wildlife Consultancy Join Subaraj Rajathurai, an experienced nature guide from Strix Wildlife Consultancy. He will conduct the walk and share fascinating stories about the history and heritage of Pulau Ubin. Schedule: June 1 & 8, 8AM-11AM
Venue: assembly area opposite the HSBC Volunteer Hub Cost: $15/person. Cash only. Maximum 40 people. Proceeds will go to the Vertebrate Study Group and Nature Society
Subaraj Rajathurai. Photo courtesy of Strix Wildlife Consultancy
2. Open House at Pulau Ubin Fish Farms Meet the fish farmers and learn about aquaculture. Please register with Sea Angel stating your name, contact number, your preferred schedule. Schedule: Until 12 June 9AM-5PM Fee: $15/person for 8 years old and above only
Fish farm in Pulau Ubin. Photo by Ria Tan
3. Have a memento from Kampung Photo Booth Use a sarong and all props for free during daily photo session at Uncle Lim's shop.
Kampung Photo Booth at Uncle Lim's shop. Photo by Ria Tan
4. Take part in Treasure SG and hunt for 10 hidden treasures Ongoing until 12 June. Read further here.
Pulau Ubin Fun Map with Uncle Lim The Pulau Ubin Fun Map was produced by Grant Pereira and illustrated by artist Yong Ding Li. Photo by Ria Tan
5. Join Cicada Tree Eco-Place on a night tour Spot a musang (common palm civet) and other nocturnal wildlife. Schedule: 27 May 7.30PM-10PM
Vanue: Uncle Lim's shop, 42 Pulau Ubin
Fee: $10/person for 5 years old and above
Sungei Jelutong mangroves at Pulau Ubin. Photo by Ria Tan
6. Forest Clean Up at Pulau Ubin
Schedule: 11 June 9AM-12PM
7. Balik Chek Jawa
Volunteer guides stationed along the boardwalk at Chek Jawa will share the stories of the thriving wildlife at the wetlands.
Schedule: 5 June 9AM-noon
Venue: Chek Jawa information kiosk
Mangrove Kayaking Expedition With Adventures by Asian Detours
8. Mangrove Kayaking Expedition With Adventures by Asian Detours.
Experienced kayak guides will lead you on a short trip into the open sea and mangroves area.
Schedule: 5 June 9.30AM-2PM
Venue: beach area behind the bicycle shops next to Ubin Jetty
Fee: $35/adult, $30/child
Ubin Jetty and the Big Map of Ubin. Photo by Ria Tan
9. Kayaking at Ubin Quarry
Join instructors from Outward Bound Singapore and Republic Polytechnic exploring Ubin Quarry, which is out of bounds to the public.
Schedule: 11 June 10AM-5PM
Venue: "Y u so like dat" drinks stall
Fee: Free, maximum 250 people
The Big Coastal Clean Up Challenge by AdventurePaddlers Ohana
10. The Big Coastal Clean Up Challenge by AdventurePaddlers Ohana
This eco trip will educate you further about marine littering and promote environmental awareness. Register here
Schedule: 4 June 10AM-4PM hourly trip
Venue: Jelutong Campsite West
Fee: $10/person. $1 refund for every 2 kgs of trash collected. Tongs and trash bags will be provided
Come and ride the bumboat at Changi Jetty. Rent your bicycle and explore Pulau Ubin exploring this island with retro 60s feel!