In the last few months, Australia has gone crazy for the latest foodie craze - gourmet milkshakes. These works of art combine your typical milkshake with piles of sweet treats, creating an edible dessert masterpiece.
Perth has been the latest addition to this growing trend, with multiple cafes introducing their own creations onto their menu.
Below I've listed a few of my favourite Perth cafes and hot spots that will guarantee to tingle you tastebuds and leave you with a whole new appreciation for the average milkshake.
1. SAPORE ESPRESSO BAR (Cloverdale) - Typically known for its pastries and huge breakfast menu, Sapore also accounts for those whose palate is a little more on the wild side. With multiple gourmet shakes to choose from, be sure to try the famous choc-peanut butter, Nutella, Turkish delight, Bounty or salted caramel popcorn shake. For a limited time only, you can also create your own flavour of shake for a chance to win $500!
2. BABOOSHKA (Northbridge) - Warning! These shakes are not for the faint hearted, being sure to blow your mind and tastebuds. With a somewhat American twist on your typical shake, Babooshka takes gourmet shakes to a whole new level, adding more flavour than ever before. Outrageous flavours include the triple donut choc-cocated bacon, marshmallow, fruitloop, golden daytime, salted caramel and plenty more.
3. WHISK CREAMERY (Subiaco) - Whisk Creamery is the heart of Perth's gourmet milkshakes, specialising in delicious milkshakes. Being just as big, bold and beautiful as their competitors, Whisk Creamery's flavours include choc-mint, choc-and-cherry, green tea, burnt vanilla and pistachio.
4. CAFE 2TWENTYFOUR (Belmont) - This newly opened cafe has quickly gained itself a reputation for its stunning presentation and even better taste when it comes to their gourmet milkshakes. Be sure to try their choc honeycomb supershake which has quickly gained a reputation as being one of the best shakes in Perth.
Image Retrieved From: I Love Milkshake Instagram Page
5. FLAMED BURGERS (Morley) - Don't be deceived by the name. Flamed Burgers may have some of the best burgers in Perth, but now they also have some of the best gourmet milkshakes. With a wide range of flavours, this is a great place to take the kids.