I'm a writer who loves sharing her Sydney experiences
Published February 22nd 2015
Finally a list of cafes for parents with prams
Going to a cafe to catch up with some friends, fellow mums, or even just to catch a glimpse of the outdoor world, can mean the difference between sanity and well, you know... madness. But it's not always easy to find a cafe that it suitable for you, your pram, your bub and all your gidgets and gadgets without having to have a complete meltdown all before getting that much needed coffee hit.
So Sydney mums and dads rejoice at the list of pram and kid-friendly cafes that are perfect for you.
1. Cafe Mirabelle, Terrey Hills Located in the Flower Power garden centre, this cafe is large, which means plenty of room to manoeuvre your pram without knocking someone's latte out of their hands. The menu is suitable for grown-ups with delicious choices such as the savoury scones (must-try on the menu) and the menu for the kidlets is perfection offering healthy snacks and sugary sweets too. The fenced playground is a great addition to keep the kids busy while you unwind. Location: 277 Mona Vale Road Terrey Hills
Cafe Mirabelle in Flower Power Image Credit: North Shore Mums
2. Driftwood, La Perouse This new addition to the La Perouse dining scene is a gem for those who want something a little more than just the wham,bam, thank you ma'am fish and chips experience. While still quite a busy spot, the menu has plenty of delicious options both for kids and adults. There's more space for prams outside however, the kids activities are indoors. Location: 1/1599-1601 Anzac Parade, La Perouse
3. The Grounds Keeper Cafe, Ryde Enjoy delicious Mediterranean meals at The Grounds Keeper cafe while your kids enjoy the great outdoors. There is a great scooter and bike track around the outdoor area so you can keep an eye on them while chowing down on some seriously delicious treats. The kids menu is affordable with lunches at $9.50 and you can choose from chicken strips and chips, cheeseburgers or pasta, not to mention the fact that they actually make kid-sized drinks, so no need to buy a huge milkshake only for it to be spilled or gone to waste. Location: Ryde Park, Blaxalnd Road and Princes St Ryde
The Grounds Keeper Cafe Image Credit: The Grounds Keeper Cafe Facebook
4. Bubbabar, Leichhardt This just might be the best child-friendly restaurant/cafe in Sydney. Specially designed for parents who want to dine at a gourmet style restaurant but not have to worry whether or not they will be a bother to other diners. The cafe is fenced, so your little one can run free without worrying about running on to a busy road and the eating is so spacious that you and your mega-pram won't feel like you're trying to squeeze your way through others. The outdoor play area comes complete with a cubby, toys, mini kitchen and tables for colouring. Location: 102 Norton St Leichhardt NSW
5. The Innocent Kitchen, Tempe Located just across from the Tillman Park, this beautifully designed cafe is perfect for kids. There are plenty of high chairs and space for prams. The menu is colourful and delicious! It caters for gluten intolerance which is great. For the kids, there is a playpen full of dolls, toys and colouring tables. Location: 288 Unwins Bridge Road, Tempe
The Innocent Kitchen Cafe Image Credit The Innocent Kitchen Facebook