You may have made a new year's resolution to get healthier or lose some weight, but then the busyness of life swung you around in another direction and now you have fallen off the wagon. Did you know that it takes ninety days to create a new habit?
This time get serious about improving your health with some of these health and fitness ideas:
6. Learn to mediate for a minimum of twenty minutes a day. 7. Try a yoga class at Yoga in Daily Life 8. Write down your thoughts in an inspiring Kikki-K
9. Learn Qi-Gong or Tai Chi.
10. Get a trial membership at your closest gym such as Jetts
11. Buy a bike and check out the bikeways on Google or the Brisbane City Council website .
12. Have a social media detox weekend.
13. Go sugar free following Sarah Wilson's I Quit Sugar website or book.
14. Write down all the things that cause you stress and brainstorm ways to address them.
15. Book out Sundays as dedicated family time in your diary.
16. Join a Men's Circle or Men's Shed.
17. Learn a traditional craft like knitting, crochet, woodworking or signwriting.
18. Sharpen up your colouring in pencils and try mindfully adding your own touch to a free printable off the internet.
19. Volunteer in your spare time with a charity close to your heart.
20. Visit a qualified naturopath and ask for some alternative advice.
21. Buy a water filter.
22. Learn first aid at St John Ambulance or Red Cross
23. Learn cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT).
24. Buy a Fitbit, Jawbone or Bella Beat fitness tracker.
25. Write down your bucket list.
26. Take up barefoot walking (gradually).
27. Watch an online TED talk.
28. With the support of your family and friends give up your vice.
29. Read 'Radical Self-Love' by Gala Darling.
30. Get out in nature and go bush walking in a forest. Breath in the fresh air.
31. Join a Meetup group and make some new friends with shared interests.
32. Go for a swim at the beach.
33. Climb a tree or go to Brisbane's only parkour park.
34. If you are tired all the time ask for a blood test to check your iron and B12 levels.
35. Buy one of Petra King's relaxation cds.
36. Look up your beauty products in The Environmental Working Group's Skin Deep database
37. Make a plan to achieve walking up the highest mountain in your neighbourhood. Then aim to conquer Mount Cootha.
38. Change your morning alarm clock to a gentle sound or wake up with the sunrise.
39. Ask your butcher which farm your meat comes from and if it is grass-feed but not grain-finished.
40. Start walking up the stairs at work (rather than taking the lift).
41. Ask your boss about working from home or going part-time.
42. Try an organic food delivery like Farm Fresh Organic or Ripe n Raw Organics
43. Eat vegetarian one day a week.
44. Take your reusable shopping bags to Northey Street markets on a Sunday.
45. Soak up some vitamin D outside.
46. Express yourself by taking lessons at the Brisbane Institute of Art
47. Take up the ukulele or guitar.
48. Subscribe to FMTV. It's like Netflix® for health & wellness.
49. Don't let your age be a barrier to learning a new skill you have always wanted to try.
50. Learn to surf. Fly a kite. Blow bubbles. Juggle. Giggle.
I hope one of these ideas resonates you and inspires you to live with good health and fitness.