Do you have a little one that just seems to be upset or won't go to sleep? Does he or she fuss a lot when it is time for a nap? You have tried everything you know of and still can not get them to fall asleep.
Here are some simple things you can try to help your child drift off to sleep.
1. Make sure their days and nights are not mixed up. Have a daily routine for your little one. If you wake up, get in the routine of waking them with you. During the day, only allow around 30 minutes to 1 hour for a midday nap.
2. Before bed time, interact with your precious one for an hour. This may consist of talking, playing, and bathing your child.
3. Right before you put them to bed, give them a relaxing lavender bath 15 minutes prior to putting them to bed. It has been found that lavender relaxes the senses and allows the child to drift off to sleep.
4. If you have tried these things and it is not working, chances are you may want to see if laying them on their tummies and soft bouncing will help them. This will help with any air build up or any tummy aches they may be experiencing.
5. During the day, I have found that vacuuming around the house eases the child.
6. Playing soft music not only helps them to drift off the dream land, but also stimulates their growth.
7. Stay away from the television, though it may be suitable for adults, however this is not the case for babies, toddlers or young children.
8. Remember to always show your child love, through soft, loving words and a cuddle every now and again.
9. DO NOT get into the habit of holding your child all day or all night long. This will spoil your child and also make them think they can not function without being held and this will cause issues for you as the parent as well as the child.
10. REMEMBER, parenting can be very rewarding, loving and exciting at times, but it can also be demanding. Make sure to take time out for yourself, preferably when he or she is napping. This will keep you both calm and refreshed.