Subscribe      List an Event or Business      Invite a Writer      Write for WN      Writers      Other Locations
Home > Brisbane > Comments > Northbrook Gorge Adventure
Your Reply
Optional Image: (jpg or gif)
Your Email:

Security Image:
zgfyha
Security Text:
copy text from image above
Highlighted
minimum score: order: subscribe:
I am having a concern about Northbrook gorge I have been visiting this place for 22 years and there has been little rise in traffic and very little degradation of the habbitat. However in the last 12 months or so it has hit the internet and I am noticing significat rise in the number of people traversing and a breakdown of the habitat and an increase in litter. I was wondering if there is any way of asking these sites to take down information about it to reduce the degrad.ation of this amazingly pristine water way.

KInd Regards

Guy Bennett
by guy (score: 0|3) 2377 days ago
by chris (score: 0), 2170 days ago
I agree with Guy, could you please take this post down. As a local of the area, and someone who wants to keep the area beautiful, I urge you to take this post down.
by Myrtle Pasquali (score: 2), 2377 days ago
Hi Guy. Thanks so much for raising your concerns. It was distressing to hear that the increase in visitors to Northbrook Gorge has resulted in degradation of the environment, and an increase in litter. I agree with you that something needs to be done, but I’m not sure that depriving others of the chance to see this wonderful place, is fair, given that we have both enjoyed the experience. Can I suggest that you raise your concerns with the Department of National Parks, as Northbrook Gorge is in D'Aguilar National Park, which falls under their jurisdiction. As experts, they may be able to provide the best and fairest solution. You could let them know what is going on via the ‘Contact us’ link on their website (http://www.npsr.qld.gov.au/). I would encourage anyone else who has visited the area recently, who has similar concerns to do the same. Regards Myrtle