The North Sydney Oval lies at the intersection of Miller and Ridge Streets in North Sydney, and represents not only an important location for sporting endeavours, but also a prime location for large cultural or social events.
The North Sydney Oval has a long history. The first cricket pitch was laid down in 1867. A pavilion was built in 1879, later replaced by the Duncan Thompson Stand in 1929. The Oval gained a reputation for its uncomfortable concrete seating, until the 1980s.
The Oval, as it stands today, is vastly different from the structure that was erected in the 1920s. Between 1983 and 1988, new stands were built, with various landmarks named after various famous cricketers.
In 1992, as a mark of the progress that the ground had made over the course of its existence, the Oval was awarded the "Ground of the Year" award.
North Sydney Oval hosts various sporting matches, including cricket, soccer, rugby league, union and Australian Rules Football. According to Austadiums, the ground has a capacity of 9000, with five light towers providing illumination during the evening.
The Oval is also equipped with a two-storey Function Centre, located in the Mollie Dive Stand. The first floor is best suited to workshops and business functions. The top floor provides a well-stocked bar and seated dining spaces for functions.