A sparkling clean home using lemon, vinegar & bicarb of soda
I don't know about you, but I generally hold my breath when cleaning the bathroom, even with the 'natural' so called spray cleaner. It's SO strong I decided to go on the hunt for some natural cleaning... items, as opposed to 'products'. There has to be a simpler solution to cleaning our homes huh?
Try cleaning with a lemon!
1. Lemon Juice - use it to dissolve soap scum, add a little bicarb of soda and use it to scrub the shower down
2. Baking Soda is excellent for absorbing odours and can also be used to scrub surfaces
3. Vinegar - mixed with water to clean your entire house, also good for cleaning windows (I also use scrunched up newspaper) it works a treat. Vinegar is a deodoriser and a disinfectant.
4. Tea bags and hot water - is an excellent cleaner for hardwood floors. Steep the tea in a mug and add to a half a bucket of water.
5. Try making your own room freshener by adding a few drops of essential oil to a spray bottle along with 1/2 cup water.
6. Recipe for wiping down counters is 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup vinegar, a few drops of lemon juice and a few drops of tea tree oil.
7. Another room freshener idea :1/4 cup of baking soda in a jar with a few drops of your favourite essential oil.
8. Stainless Steel cleaner can be made by adding 2/3 cup vinegar, 1/3 cup water and a few drops of dish soap
9. For another fragrance, this time a gel, mix a couple of sachets of gelatine with 1/2 cup hot water and a few drops of essential oil. When cooled, add 1/2 cup cold water and allow to set. Add a drop of food colouring to make it look pretty!
your house can be sparkling clean naturally
There are probably many more recipes and variations of the above, but with a few items from the supermarket you can go experiment yourself! Enjoy.
Thanks for the tea and water idea for cleaning the floors. I don't like to use the chemicals to clean as pets like to skate on the washed floors. I think skating on tea is better than skating on Pine-Sol!