Subscribe      List an Event or Business      Invite a Writer      Write for WN      Writers      Other Locations
Home > Brisbane > Comments > National Public Toilet Map
Your Reply
Optional Image: (jpg or gif)
Your Email:

Security Image:
oefjrx
Security Text:
copy text from image above
Highlighted
minimum score: order: subscribe:
Having internal organs removed due to Bowel Cancer, I desperately need to know where toilets are at any given time, as diahorrea strikes with little or NO warning.
I must carry 'emergency' clothes incase of accidents. It's horrible, but that is my life. Flinders St Station toilets are horrible and very scary; No-one knows where Spencer St's Sthn X Station has toilets anywhere - no signs, no assistance. Back in the 1970's, the Melb. Town Hall's Ladies Toilet facility was an oasis with an attendant, chairs, sofa, decent mirrors - it was a delight to find such RELIEF.
Local Rail Stations used to have toilets, but with NO staff on duty, the toilets are locked and utterly useless.
Shop-staff do not want people rushing in saying 'Help Please!!'
Very few supermarkets have a public toilet available - this MUST be corrected. If you want my money, gimme a toilet, too, fellas!!
Why are so many 'public' toilets dirty, badly lit and frightening? Overseas visitors must be shocked and revolted when they get 'caught short' in Melbourne. The National Map of Toilets is something that should be more widely publicised, and printed in tourist magazines along with other tourist info. for that State . The Melbourne tourist booklet of what to do should certainly have a list of loo locations printed in it!
by fluffynut (score: 3|1028) 3449 days ago
by r.eng (score: 3), 33 days ago
Some toilets in outside of shopping centres, service stations etc are locked because they are constantly used by drug addicts. Some businesses you can ask the staff for a key.
by r.eng (score: 3), 33 days ago
Even in arcades in Adelaide CBD where there is cafes etc there is no public toilets which I thought were compulsory
by diane (score: 1), 2843 days ago
Cities are definitely a problem; in rural areas the loos are likely to be open. These are good for hiking etc http://www.biffybag.com/ - one can't always get 100m from watercourses or trails! The argument about vandals is seriously annoying - there are a LOT of vandal proof or vandal resistant designs around, including a clever series at childers that have the basins outside and quite small stalls with stainless steel toots - yes, icy on occasions but better than damaged or locked! The popular drivers rest area at Ourimbah (NSW) are 24/7 and vandal proof. Other places cleverly keep one stall outside the locked area which is open at popular times, it limits any possible damage without removed access.
by Paula McManus (score: 3), 3447 days ago
I'm so glad that technology has brought this online map to you and to all have a similar story to you Fluffynut - life and travel is a whole lot easier when you have this information at your fingertips!
by Jenny Pickett (score: 3), 3448 days ago
Here, here - you're a brave soldier 'fluffynut'!