Manhattan NYC has a lot of beautiful buildings that contain the most beautiful windows and doors. Most of these buildings that are listed below were built in the 19th century. At a later stage, Mark Twain called this period of time the "Gilded Age".
1. Chrysler Building
The Chrysler Building was built in an art deco style and is a very big skyscraper. The design and architecture of this building originated in France during the 1920s. The Chrysler Building is a classic style of visual arts. However, most people look at the building very differently, some people find it unique and other find it being a compelling architectural structure. Visit this page for more information about the Chrysler Building.
2. Empire State Building Found in Midtown Manhattan, the Empire State Building is very popular for its windows. It is a large art deco office building. The Empire State Building used to be the tallest building in the entire world between 1931 and 1970. This building was used in a lot of different Hollywood movies and people say that seeing the building in person is way better. For more information about the Empire State Building check out this page.
3. Flatiron Building The Flatiron Building was built way back in 1902. It is built in a triangular shape. This building is quite unique due to its shape and the type of windows they used to fit with the beautiful artwork. The triangular shape is one of a kind it is something you have to see. For more information, please visit this page.
4. Grand Central Terminal The Grand Central Terminal is designed to be both internally and externally one of true amazement. The building was created to be a U.S. National Historic Landmark. On the top of the Grand Central Terminal, you can find the stunning Glory of Commerce sculpture designed by Jules-Felix, a French sculpture in 1914. Click on this link for more information.
5. Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts The Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts consists of a number of big buildings standing together. It hosts some of the world's most famous art organisations like the New York City Ballet, the Metropolitan Opera, the Juilliard School, and the New York Philharmonic. If you would like to know more, visit their website.
6. Rockefeller Center The Rockefeller Center consists of 19 huge complex buildings and is custom-built, especially for the mighty Rockefeller family. This building can be found between 48th and 51st Street of Manhattan in New York City. Learn more about this beautiful building here.
7. St. Patrick's Cathedral
The St. Patrick's Cathedral was built way back in 1878 as a Roman Catholic Church. This brilliant piece of art is found across the street from the Rockefeller Center. The church has a Neo-Gothic design. Read all about the church here.
8. Trinity Church Trinity Church is actually the 3 trinity church ever built and this one is a historic parish church. The first Trinity Church was built in 1698, yet it was destroyed in a fire. The 2nd one got damaged severely by snowstorms and had to be torn down. The 3rd one, which is still standing, was built in 1839. If you'd like to know more, check out this site.
9. United Nations Headquarters
The United Nations Headquarters consists of 4 buildings. These are the Dag Hammarskj÷ld Library, the Secretariat Building, the Conference Building, and the General Assembly. Click here for more info about the United Nations Headquarters.
10. World Trade Center
The World Trade Center is located in the same place as where the first ones were standing, which was destroyed during the 9/11 attacks. This is said to be the tallest building in the US. If you would like to know more, visit their website.
If travelling NYC, these structures are a must see. What buildings would you also recommend?