The hardest part of this recipe is allowing time for the liquid to soak in, not always easy on a Sunday morning. Which is why giving it to Mum for brunch instead of breakfast is a great idea. It serves at least 6 people or more depending on the size of the servings.
Heat oven to 180c Lightly butter a medium casserole dish
1/2 small container of sun-dried tomatoes, halved. 5 eggs 2 cups milk
1 heaped teaspoon of wholegrain mustard
1 cup of grated tasty cheese
1. Roughly tear the bread apart and place in the casserole dish.
2. Lightly fry the bacon and onion in the oil, cool slightly.
3. Sprinkle the bacon, onion & sun-dried tomatoes over the bread.
4. Beat the eggs, milk & mustard together, pour over the bread mixture.
5. Set aside for at least an hour to soak in.
6. Sprinkle with the cheese.
7. Bake for approximately 45 minutes, or until brown on top.
Serve with a nice green salad. Bon Appetit!
Remember you can vary the ingredients to suit i.e. mushrooms, olives, caramelised onion, corn, ham.