Writing is my passion, I love to write for clients and guest blogs, as well as sharing our adventures here on Weekend Notes. I share my journey as I blend my own VA business and homeschooling with life in Toodyay here -
Published December 16th 2017
Have a great family day out without breaking the bank
Increasing fuel and food costs it can really impact family budgets but there are lots of ways to save money and still have fantastic fun as a Perth family.
Start by looking for free activities and entertainment:
1. Join your local library - not only can you access books but you will find a range of DVDs and audio books. They can also hook you up with borrow box for free audiobooks on your device.
2. Consider your tv subscriptions - can you swap out Pay TV for Free to air options like ABC iView and 9Now.
3. Search for local free events - websites like WeekendNotes provide you will a valuable bank of free events and activities. Make sure to subscribe to your favourite writers!
4. Outdoor fun - consider local parks, beaches and national parks rather than paying for outdoor activities. We have some amazing natural attractions here in WA.
5. Fetes and Festivals - keep an eye out for free local fetes and festivals but also those that you can drive to as a day trip - you may just find a new place you will love.