Aspiring writer (particularly in film & music). Pop culture enthusiast.
Published October 30th 2011
I love sweet potato, whether it's fries, roasted or mash. As long as it's sweet potato I don't mind. Sometimes when I feel like making fries I never know what to have with it, or I'll just ending up over eating them. This recipe is simple and a nice way to be creative when cooking fries.
Ingredients: Can of baby beetroots
Feta (I like to use the low fat kind) Rocket Mixed salad leaves Baby spinach Roasted sweet potato Balsamic dressing
Alfafa sprouts (optional) Salt and pepper to taste
Method: 1. Pre-heat over to 180 degrees.
2. Cut sweet potato into thin or thick strips like chips, and lay out on a baking tray. Coat in olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in oven and let it cook for around 30 minutes, turning it every 10 minutes. Depending on your oven it may take longer to cook, or it will be cooked quicker. Just remember to keep an eye on it.
3. When the sweet potato is cooked, leave it out to slightly cool before adding it to the salad.
4. Mix the baby spinach, rocket, mixed salad leaves and alfalfa sprouts together if you're using them, and then toss in the beetroot and feta.
5. Dress with as little or as much balsamic dressing as desired, and season with salt and pepper.
6. Place your sweet potato fries on top of the salad. Enjoy.