Mental Health Week, which runs from the 7th to the 11th of October 2019, exists to increase South Australian's awareness and interest in mental health. Each and every one of us are encouraged to mind our mental health just as we would mind our physical health.
A number of events and activities have been planned for the week.
1. Lunch in the Square, on Tuesday the 8th at Victoria Square, launches the week with arts and crafts, games, music, and free Sunny's Pizza.
2. Mindshare Creative Writing Workshops, on Tuesday the 8th and Thursday the 10th at South West Community Centre in the city, teaches new techniques and writing skills. All writing levels are welcome, and light refreshments will be provided.
3. Carnival in the North, on Wednesday the 9th at John McVeity Centre in Smithfield Plains, showcases the skills and talents of people living with a mental illness.
4. From the Ground Up, on Thursday the 10th at Civil Contractors Federation in Thebarton hosts a free breakfast forum for those involved in the construction industry.
5. Laughter is the Best of Meds, also on Thursday the 10th at Pirie Street's Rhino Room, tests the tummy muscles with plenty of laughs with a full lineup of comedians.
6. World Mental Health Day Celebrations, again also on Thursday the 10th at Glenside Health Services, hosts a traditional shared bbq lunch.
7. Festival of Now, on Friday the 11th at Light Square, showcases the creativity used in the healing journey and breaks down the misconceptions of mental illness. There will be free food, live music and performance, arts and crafts, animals, and face painting.