Subscribe      List an Event or Business      Invite a Writer      Write for WN      Writers      Other Locations
Home > Melbourne > Comments > Melbourne's 8 Worst Roads
Your Reply
Optional Image: (jpg or gif)
Your Email:

Security Image:
xwkuvt
Security Text:
copy text from image above
Highlighted
minimum score: order: subscribe:
Ha ha, excellent article. I know just what you mean with the horrendous Western Ring Road.
Another road I may add for me is Bell Street. A racetrack to many with a very wierd camber to it causing you to make large inputs with the steering wheel just to keep straight. Of course, the evil traffic lights that do their best to delay you, along with the inconsistent speed limits, and the constant lane-changes necessary to deal with parked cars and cars turning right. Awful.

Also, LEFT LANE ENDS. Always! What's the bloody point of having the left lane if it's going to end just after the traffic lights, unceremoniously dumping you into the right lane amongst the high-speed Mummys in their 4WDs. Only to then tempt you with an open and empty left lane a little further on. Don't be fooled though, it will end shortly! Every road in Melbourne!
by spbeef (score: 1|35) 3757 days ago
by megan (score: 1), 3755 days ago
The point is to get more people through the lights. Take them away and see how much longer it will take you to get through the intersection.
by Clive (score: 2), 3757 days ago
My pet hate is drivers that KNOW the lane ends just the other side of the lights and use it to cut in sharply to overtake you
by Rebekah Anderson (score: 2), 3757 days ago
Haha actually I agree with that! Very good point.