Boring, bland lunches can really put a damper on everything. Despondency may engulf the soul and mind and body may be sapped of energy. If you are looking to spice up your lunchtime escapades then look no further. This article brings to you
some of the best lunch deals in Melbourne which are guaranteed to awe and inspire.
1. NSP NSP or Non Solo Pasta is an upbeat Italian restaurant which woos patrons with all traditional Italian favourites. NSP can be found at Shop 2, 800 Collins Street, Docklands. All pizzas are $12 during Monday lunch time and all pastas are $12 during Tuesday lunch time. If you decide to grace the red carpet of NSP remember to sample their Bunga Bunga pizza which was awarded the best pizza in 2013 by the Age Good Food Guide. Their Tartufata pizza rates a special mention for its exquisite taste. You can read more about NSP by clicking here.
2. Touché Hombre Touche Hombre is a vibrant Mexican restaurant which is located at 233 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne. From 12pm to 4pm, Touche Hombre does a Fast Lunch deal which is priced from $15 to $20. You can pick from Tostadito selection/grilled corn and grain salad or choice of burrito/grilled corn and totopos (crispy tortillas) or choice of 2 tacos/grilled corn and ice cream sandwich. Visit their website to discover more information.
3. Café Vue Café Vue has on offer a $18 lunchbox which is available for both takeaway and dine-in. While they keep changing the lunchbox contents every month to keep things interesting, the lunchbox always comprises of a starter, a salad, a savoury dish and a sweet. Cafe Vue is situated at 430 Little Collins Street, Melbourne. Go here to get more juicy details.
4. Cervo Cervo is located at the Crown Towers, 8 Whiteman St, Southbank. This Italian restaurant with its enthralling ambiance is offering a special lunch deal until 31 August 2015. For $19.90 you can savour any pasta or pizza with a glass of Cervo red or white wine or soft drink while soaking in the awe-inspiring views. This lunch deal is available from 12pm to 4pm from Monday to Friday. Go here to learn more.
5. De Mad Hatter Decked with a magical Alice in Wonderland theme, De Mad Hatter is a café/restaurant which does a nice selection of dishes. You can get a large lunch combo of 3 cold or hot dishes for $10 or a small lunch combo of 3 cold or hot dishes for $8 if you opt for takeaway. If you have an affinity for dining in then you will need to cop out extra $2. De Mad Hatter calls 747 Collins St, Docklands home.
Maha is a fantastic Middle Eastern fine dining establishment which can be found at 21 Bond St, Melbourne. Maha has on offer a $20 lunch deal which comprises of a burger and a beer. The Moroccan burger which is included in the meal is made with chicken, almond hummus, harissa mayo, pickles and swiss cheese. Click here to discover more.
7. Baget Baget is a fabulous Vietnamese restaurant which serves drool-worthy banh mi for $8 and vermicelli bowls for $10. Made fresh on the spot from local ingredients, the wide selection of banh mi and vermicelli bowls will ensure that you are spoilt for choice. You will find Baget at 132 Russell St, Melbourne. Learn more by visiting their website.
8. Bar Nacional Bar Nacional is a Spanish restaurant located at 727 Collins St, Docklands. Their lunch special includes a main course with a glass of wine for $20. For example, this week's comida rapida (main course) dish is braised white beans, chorizo and salt cod, served with a glass of wine for $20. Follow their Facebook page to remain privy to all the lunch specials.
Bangpop is situated at 35 S Wharf Dr, South Wharf. A trendy Thai restaurant, Bangpop offers a lunch deal for $17 which consists of a main course and a glass of house wine/beer/soft drink. You can choose from a Thai beef noodle soup or poached ground pork salad with rice or stir-fried tofu with veggies and rice. Word of caution: their lunch deal may not be appropriate for you if you are hankering after a big meal. Go to this website to learn more.
If these mouth-watering lunch specials tickle your fancy, please share this article with family and friends on Facebook. Please feel free to click on the link 'Click here if you liked this article'. Your support will fill me with a warm glow.