As some of Australia's leading labels strode down the runway at Melbourne Town Hall, the KEVIN.MURPHY team, led by internationally renowned editorial hairstylist Kevin Murphy, created hair styles that will set the tone for on-trend beauty looks for the coming season ""It's all about beautiful, glossy, healthy looking hair...We created soft natural texture to allow the hair to swing but the shape is quite small and minimal...", said Murphy.
To lock in your look for formal occasions yet not looking as if you lifted a finger follow these step by step instructions from KEVIN.MURPHY:
1. Prep your towel dried hair by spraying on some heat protection serum before blow drying.
2. If you hair is thick and heavy you can braid it just under the crown keeping it flat against the head to ensure your hair falls smoothly. 3. Spray the roots and mid lengths with a volumiser. 4. Create three sections of hair from the nape of the neck, twist them into a figure eight and clip the three sections. 5. Apply heat to the three sections with your hair dryer and then allow to cool. 6. Spray each section with hair spray as you let it loose. 7. You can add some texture spray at this point too if you feel you need to. 8. Set the hair with a gloss serum and some glitter spray for a bit of night time glam if you wish.
9. Secure the side part with a pin behind the ear.
Premium Runway 5 - photo by Lucas Dawson Photography
For a more relaxed day look suitable for work and play here are some very simple steps:
1. Prep your hair with volumiser before blow drying, focusing on body and movement.
2, Using a triple barrel waver, start from the top of the hair to the bottom to create frizz free waves
3. Spray on some texturiser.
4. Finish with hair spray to hold it all in place.
5. To wow everyone you can spray on some shimmer, letting the hair play with the light.
Kevin Murphy is a master of his profession, . His work has graced the covers of all the major global print publications and he has directed hair teams for countless high profile fashion houses. Having trained at Vidal Sassoon in London, Kevin returned to Australia to establish himself as one of the country's most sought-after stylists. As a regular contributor to Australian Vogue he has carved his niche within the industry as the go-to-guy for the beach hair look.
Premium Runway 4 - photo by Lucas Dawson Photography
Working on shoots and fashion shows, models go through a number of hair and makeup changes in the course of a day. Kevin found that as the day progressed the models' hair became heavy, dull and lifeless, and there were no styling products on the market that fulfilled his needs as an editorial stylist so he created his own.
In answering his own needs as a stylist he developed products that were easy to use and crossed over to consumers perfectly. Now he shares his secrets with you to get that model worthy look.