Aspiring writer (particularly in film & music). Pop culture enthusiast.
Published October 12th 2011
This is a great family recipe that will keep everyone happy and full. Serves 4 fairly large plates.
Ingredients: 1. 3 cups of Arborio Rice 2. 2 zucchinis 3. 2 carrots 4. 1 small tin of mushrooms 5. 1 brown onion 6. 500g minced beef (or chicken) 7. Soy sauce 8. Salt and pepper to taste 9. 1 cube of chicken stock
Method: 1. In a deep pan add 2 tablespoons of oil and allow to heat up. Once heated, add your 3 cups of rice along with 1 cup of water with your chicken stock. Bring to the boil.
2. Keep stirring the rice and once the cup of water is absorbed, add another. Keep repeating this step. You'll need to keep adding cups of water until you notice that your rice is soft and fluffy. That's when you'll know it's cooked.
3. Peel and cut your carrots, onion and zucchinis. Heat oil in a different pan and add your vegetables.
4. Add your minced beef (or chicken) to your vegetables and stir until everything is cooked. Finely chop your tinned mushrooms and stir through.
5. Add your soy sauce, salt and pepper according to taste.
6. Add your beef and vegetables to your cooked rice and mix thoroughly. Taste to see if any more seasoning is needed.
7. Serve in whatever plate you desire, and enjoy your meal.