Celebrate Melbourne Market Week, from Saturday 6th September through to Sunday 14th September 2014, at South Melbourne, Prahran, Queen Victoria, and Dandenong Markets.
Now in its fourth year, Market Week 2014 will celebrate the theme 'our global community' with more than 50 events inspired by the multicultural tastes, sights, smells and sounds of Melbourne's market places.
Selected highlights include:
1. World Fiesta, at Prahran Market, on September 6th from 10:00 am - 3:30 pm. Enjoy dance workshops, tasting tables, performances, roving entertainers, and live music.
2. Free Market Produce Tastings, at South Melbourne Market, all day on September 6th-7th, and 10th-14th. Sample cheeses, wines, breads, oils, seafood, barbequed meats and other market treats.
3. Mooncake Festival , at Queen Victoria Market, on September 7th from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm. Free entertainment, authentic cuisines and activities among a vibrant display of lanterns, martial arts, dance and Chinese stalls.
4. The Mexican Music Man & Face Painting, at Prahran Market, on September 11th from 10:00 am - 1:00 pm. Bring the kids to sing and play along with the Music Man, and to be transformed into a butterfly, Spiderman, princess, tiger, and more, at the free face painting stall.
5. Dogs of the World Morning Tea, at South Melbourne Market, on September 13th from 10:00 am -12:00 pm. Bring your pet pooch who will be treated to a goats milk puppychino from Clement Coffee and organic peanut butter dog bisuits from The Pet Grocer. Prize giveaways for the best pooch Instgrams tagged #southmelbournemarket and #dogsoftheworld, and a vet on hand to talk about puppy nutrition and healthy eating.
6. Full Moon Festival, at Dandenong Market, on September 14th from 10:00 am - 4:30pm. End Market Week 2014 by celebrating through dance, feasting and lantern making.
A week of fun family friendly activities, so show your support to local producers and artisans, and celebrate Melbourne's cultural diversity through festivities, food, and market life.