Subscribe      List an Event or Business      Invite a Writer      Write for WN      Writers      Other Locations
list an event      1 million Australian readers every month      facebook

Make Music Day 2019

Home > Melbourne > Bands | Classical Music | Community Events | Fun Things To Do | Music
by finy (subscribe)
A retired business owner, my passions are cooking, photography and eating. I use all three of these when I write for recipeyum.com.au which is on HubGarden
Event:
Making music is a fun, free event for all
Music, music, music! What better than a free music concert? For lovers of music, don't miss out on this event.



Community Music Victoria or CMV is a not-for-profit membership-based association. They support, promote and further music-making among the Victorian communities.

CMVic is run by a board, several part-time staff and a team of loyal volunteers. Some of the things they do include:

Train, advise and counsel singing leaders
Help groups and individuals set up singing events
Host networks of leaders and singing groups
Promote the value and cheer of community music making
Gather and give out community music information
Help individuals find groups to sing with
Develop and encourage the use of skills for people who can assist with the above activities



Basically, CMVic instigates and uses singing as a way of bringing people together. They also facilitate group music making so that they can get an enhanced sense of community and joy among Victorians.

The get their money partly by government funding which is about 80% of CMVic's annual income. The remaining 20% is raised via CD sales, subscriptions, workshop fees and donations.

On 21st June 2019, in partnership with The Australian Music Association (AMA), Make Music Alliance, and APRA/AMCOS, CMVic will be coordinating one of the biggest community music events that Victoria has ever seen! This will be held at Community Music Victoria, Ross House, 247 Flinders Lane, Melbourne.

This will be part of the International Make Music Day 2019 when musicians in over 120 countries and 800 cities around the world turn public spaces into music stages. Tens of thousands of amateur and professional musicians, jazz combos, bands and orchestras and MCs come out to perform in the streets, parks and in public areas, and schools will also feature their music programs for the public to hear.



With French origins dating back to 1982, Fete De La Musique came over to the Atlantic 11 years ago with the debut of Make Music New York. In 2018 Australia joined into this great idea so this is just the second year for us all here Downunder!

THINGS YOU CAN DO ON THE DAY
Create your own Make Music event wherever you live
Create your own Make Music Day event at your own school
Contact your local council or shire, and request that they allot you a place to play! (Parks, plazas, and shopping centres are great)... the world's your musical oyster
Join an existing community event and add to their numbers

If you're planning to hold an event, you will need to register via the CMVic website. After that, organisers will spread the word through the network! You can learn more at this link.







Help us improve  Click here if you liked this article  14
Share: email  facebook  twitter
Why? For free music, music, music
When: 21st June 2019
Where: Ross House, 247 Flinders Lane, Melbourne, Victoria,
Cost: FREE
Your Comment
Featured
Top Events
Popular Articles
Categories
Lists
Questions