A lover of Brisbane, the wonderful Wynnum Manly Bayside, and
and the beautiful Scenic Rim. A freelance writer always looking for the new and quirky places and events in my own backyard.
The Logan Village Settlers' Day event will be celebrated on Sunday 1st September 2013. Coinciding with this FREE event will be a Heritage Dinner on Friday night 30 August hosted by the Logan Country Chamber of Commerce at the Logan Village Tavern and on Saturday night 31 August an Old Time Dance to be hosted by Logan Village Lions at the Lions Hall in Logan Village.
Logan Settlers Festival (Image from event website and artwork courtesy of Karen Matheson)
Settlers' Day will commence at 10am with a parade through the streets of Logan Village and finishing at the Logan Village Green in Wharf Street. The parade will feature floats, cars and marching bands highlighting the history of Logan Village over the past 150 years. The day will then be filled with activities that the public can participate in, including displays, stalls and free entertainment.
SOME EVENTS HAPPENING ON THE DAY:
Come and have fun at the Old School and participate in activities and games from the good ole days. Live music and entertainment
Face painting Fairy Floss Free rides and games for children Re-enactment of Captain Logan landing.
Canon Firing Bush poet performances and competition Displays of artwork from our local school
• Check out the fashions from a bygone era in the library
• Stamp collection display – featuring artwork by local artist Karen Matheson which are available for purchase.
• Visit the Logan Village museum and chat to our local historians.
• Food available throughout the day.
• Artwork display from local artists
• Art Auction 3pm on Sunday
• Local clubs represented.
• Displays of woodworking, animals, craft, blacksmithing, engines etc
• Book launch by local historian.
• Chocolate Wheel.